Question ASUS Radeon Strix Rx 570 4GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 23, 2019
When Powering on the PC the Led display on the Card turns white to slowly flashing red in 2 seconds. No beep sound, no boot into windows or bios, no signal on monitor.

Amd recommended a 450 Watt power supply for it to run, I have bought a gigabyte 450 watt psu, is it because my PSU isn't a good quality one? Or is my card dead.

Here are my specs
Intel core I5-2320 (stock cooler)
2gbx4 of 8gb Ram ddr3
Asus radeon strix rx 570 4gb
4x 120mm case fans
500gb HDD 5.2k rpm

I did most that I can do to try solve it like,
Testing my pc with another card Gt 430 (everything worked fine), updating drivers and bios, couldn't install rx570 drivers because the card needed to be detected while I was using another card.

My only answer is to upgrade psu, but I don't have the money to do that at the moment, so was wondering if it could be something else

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
Those PSUs are close to paper weight when it comes to quality. If another card with less power requirements (GT 430) runs fine the culprit is probably the PSU. Can you check the Radeon Strix Rx 570 in another system?

The PSU is the most important component in the system and all other components' performance and longevity depends on it. It's a grave mistake to get a low quality out on the PSU.

Reactions: Metal Messiah.
Model NO: GE-P450N-C2
GIGABYTE

I wasn't aware that even GIGABYTE makes, or rather sells PSUs ? I can't really comment on this PSU model, but you should be surely replacing this PSU. Doesn't look like a very HIGH quality unit to me. I still suspect your power supply to be the culprit here.

Have you also properly connected the PCI-e cables from the PSU to power up the GPU (6-8-PIN) ?

Apr 23, 2019
Those PSUs are close to paper weight when it comes to quality. If another card with less power requirements (GT 430) runs fine the culprit is probably the PSU. Can you check the Radeon Strix Rx 570 in another system?

The PSU is the most important component in the system and all other components' performance and longevity depends on it. It's a grave mistake to get a low quality out on the PSU.
At the moment, I can't check the gpu in another system, but if i have to upgrade psu I will do so, but what is a good psu to run my system that's at least under 100 dollars

Apr 23, 2019
I wasn't aware that even GIGABYTE makes, or rather sells PSUs ? I can't really comment on this PSU model, but you should be surely replacing this PSU. Doesn't look like a very HIGH quality unit to me. I still suspect your power supply to be the culprit here.

Have you also properly connected the PCI-e cables from the PSU to power up the GPU (6-8-PIN) ?
And yes, I've connected everything correctly, even to the extent of removing the components and testing everything on a test bench, everything correctly inserted to correct place, but same issues occur, having the understanding, I may need to buy a better psu to be able to supply enough power to the gpu

Apr 23, 2019
I'm still checking the LINK which you gave me (trademe.co.nz). There are quite a few decent PSU models listed there, but they are not within your budget.....Still searching....
I know it's been awhile now, but I've finally got the time to buy a PSU, the one I'm aiming to buy is this one, is it good? https://www.trademe.co.nz/2153834913 the link is safe, just takes you to a market website where our country buys and sells things

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
Is that a used unit? The picture on the site shows some wear and tear. I wouldn't but used PSUs, you never know why previous owner decided to sell or they may even be repaired ones. Get it if it's brand new.

I think that part number is for the V650S or semi-modular V series PSUs by Cooler Master. Yes that is a good PSU in that 650W range. Not the best, but it's decent and compared to your current PSU is way better.

It's very good as far as voltage regulation (especially 12V rail), efficiency and noise levels are concerned.

Apr 23, 2019
Is that a used unit? The picture on the site shows some wear and tear. I wouldn't but used PSUs, you never know why previous owner decided to sell or they may even be repaired ones. Get it if it's brand new.

I think that part number is for the V650S or semi-modular V series PSUs by Cooler Master. Yes that is a good PSU in that 650W range. Not the best, but it's decent and compared to your current PSU is way better.

It's very good as far as voltage regulation (especially 12V rail), efficiency and noise levels are concerned.
In that note, if it had to be brand new, will this PSU do the trick?

https://www.trademe.co.nz/2151300758

Status
Not open for further replies.