Asus Ram compatibility

Dec 6, 2018
I have a Asus B450-F gaming MOBO, Will The HyperX Predator DDR4 RGB- HX429C15PB3A/8 Ram work? I have checked on the compatibility list and it’s not on there but I thought that just told you the “Compatible” ram to use in order to get the full benefits? If I’m wrong please correct me

Solution
SOME folks say it's not important to go by that QVL list

i kind of feel the manufacturer went to the trouble of confirming what ram sticks are good-to-go with your motherboard for a reason. If for no other reason, if/when you call into ASUS for tech support, and you get to the part of telling them memory is not on the QVL list,, you will given them an excuse to say, we don't know that's not the issue

they'll try to help, but it makes it too easy to tell you to get QVL memory. Is there a reason you feel so attracted to that memory? It's so much easier to go with QVL listed memory
SOME folks say it's not important to go by that QVL list

i kind of feel the manufacturer went to the trouble of confirming what ram sticks are good-to-go with your motherboard for a reason. If for no other reason, if/when you call into ASUS for tech support, and you get to the part of telling them memory is not on the QVL list,, you will given them an excuse to say, we don't know that's not the issue

they'll try to help, but it makes it too easy to tell you to get QVL memory. Is there a reason you feel so attracted to that memory? It's so much easier to go with QVL listed memory

Solution
Dec 6, 2018
That’s understandable and a reasonable train of thought,In all honesty the only reason why I want this particular ram is purely aesthetics. I’ll probably take what you said and just shop around for QVL memory I’m sure there something else I take a liking too

Thank you for your answer