Question ASUS ram upgrade

BoodaGazelle

Reputable
Dec 16, 2019
Hello all,

New user here. I have an ASUS VivoPC desktop that is a few years old. It currently has one 4G DIMM installed (out of a max of 2), which is a Samsung 1600 MHz, part M471B5173QHO-YKO.

I just ordered what I expect to be a compatible one from Amazon:

Samsung 4GB DDR3 PC3-12800 1600MHz 204-Pin SODIMM Laptop Memory Module RAM. Model M471B5273DH0-CK0
The part number is different, which I took to be because the machine is a little bit older.

Did I screw up? Will this be compatible?

Thanks,

Mitch

You didn't screw up. Sometimes computers don't like different RAM installed at the same time (ones that don't come in a kit so that you are assured the RAM likes the other stick). What I would do is try installing the RAM and see if the system is stable. If it is they you are fine. If not send back what you bought and buy a 2x 4GB kit.

That being said I have 2 different brands in my work desktop and home desktop and they work just fine.

BoodaGazelle

Reputable
Dec 16, 2019
You didn't screw up. Sometimes computers don't like different RAM installed at the same time (ones that don't come in a kit so that you are assured the RAM likes the other stick). What I would do is try installing the RAM and see if the system is stable. If it is they you are fine. If not send back what you bought and buy a 2x 4GB kit.

That being said I have 2 different brands in my work desktop and home desktop and they work just fine.
Thanks... The brand (Samsung) and the specs (DDR3 1600 Mhz) seem the same... just different model numbers....