Asus Rampage IV Extreme - E-ATX Board? Bad motherboard?

arshas

Honorable
Aug 1, 2012
Hi I just purchased
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131802&nm_mc=TEMC-RMA-Approvel&cm_mmc=TEMC-RMA-Approvel-_-Content-_-text-_-

that motherboard and I'm kind of worried about the bad reviews it has from a lot of people, some say good too but some report it very defective... anyone has has experience with this board yet? Please tell me my board won't be broken... xD

Solution
If you are concerned about your purchase because of reviews found on NewEgg, don't be. I have found that most NewEgg reviews are flawed at best and often mistakes are passed off as faulty equipment (especially motherboards and PSU's). I personally look at purchaser's reviews (regardless of the site) as "tech humor" - not to be taken seriously. If you are concerned because of things you've read here and in other forums, keep in mind that people here are usually bringing their problems so you aren't seeing a true representaion of ownership.
Read a few legitimate reviews, I doubt you'll be disappointed overall.
Start this same thread in the Overclocking section - I think you'll find a few owners there...
If you are concerned about your purchase because of reviews found on NewEgg, don't be. I have found that most NewEgg reviews are flawed at best and often mistakes are passed off as faulty equipment (especially motherboards and PSU's). I personally look at purchaser's reviews (regardless of the site) as "tech humor" - not to be taken seriously. If you are concerned because of things you've read here and in other forums, keep in mind that people here are usually bringing their problems so you aren't seeing a true representaion of ownership.
Read a few legitimate reviews, I doubt you'll be disappointed overall.
Start this same thread in the Overclocking section - I think you'll find a few owners there...

Solution