[SOLVED] ASUS Rampage IV + windows 10 install

dimebag11

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2014
I have an ASUS Rampage IV black edition. Anyone install windows 10 on this motherboard??
Currently have windows 8.1 on one SSD and never updated the BIOS . I have a new 1TB SSD and need to run some programs that require windows 10 so was considering changing the OS.
The last I checked Windows 10 was incompatible with the ASUS Rampage IV black edition but have not checked in a while.

If anyone has done this or have any advice or information please let me know. Thanks

Solution
It appears that you are correct. There is some issue with BIOS and several of the hardware components.

I found some info on an ASUS ROG forum that indicates there are/were some work arounds by way of posted links by one poster to another posters work(around). I don't know the level of trust that could be attributed to such.

Rampage IV Extreme & Windows 10 Pro (asus.com)

I would suggest that if you proceed with any of those solutions that you use extreme caution, and possibly have some cash for replacement ready.

Seems a real bummer overall as surely the hardware is capable, just not supported.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
It appears that you are correct. There is some issue with BIOS and several of the hardware components.

I found some info on an ASUS ROG forum that indicates there are/were some work arounds by way of posted links by one poster to another posters work(around). I don't know the level of trust that could be attributed to such.

I would suggest that if you proceed with any of those solutions that you use extreme caution, and possibly have some cash for replacement ready.

Seems a real bummer overall as surely the hardware is capable, just not supported.

Solution

dimebag11

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2014

Thank you for your reply. It seems not much has changed over the years since windows 10 came out. Not worth tanking my motherboard for a few programs. I guess it will have to wait.

If anyone has any personal experience updating the ASUS RAMPAGE IV for windows 10 please post here.

PS: Just did a fresh install by making an ISO onto a pendrive from the MICROSOFT WEBSITE. Installed without the need to update my BIOS.

Last edited: