News Asus Readies Mini-ITX Intel Z690 Motherboard with Sandwich Design

Status
Not open for further replies.
A flashback to the 90's for sure. IBM used to love 2-tiered motherboards back then xD

That being said, why not just make it mATX instead? The size difference is not that much, is it? Why do we even have ITX again? Intel?

Regards,

cyrusfox

Distinguished
That being said, why not just make it mATX instead? The size difference is not that much, is it? Why do we even have ITX again? Intel?
I am sure they have ATX flavors, but mATX is on the hard decline though (Only a single selection from each manufacturer on the Z590...) I run an ITX rig and a mATX. But honestly I am hoping for some DDR4 flavored boards, Don't want to buy another 96GB of DDR5(I run 2x32GB on the itx and 2x16 on the mATX currently).

ITX is used by everyone making small form factor builds, makes sense to cram as many features here as possible on the bottom and top of the board.

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador

junglist724

Honorable
Apr 10, 2017
I just want to know if it will have TB4 and a displayport input for the TB4 port. Sure would be nice to use with my Thunderbolt dock and its integrated 10Gb ethernet.

That being said, why not just make it mATX instead? The size difference is not that much, is it?
Stacking like this makes a sort of sense when most of that space would've been empty anyway. And a lot of Mini-ITX boards have their M.2 slots on the back of the board, which isn't good for thermals.

Why do we even have ITX again? Intel?
You can thank VIA for Mini-ITX.

And there's plenty of people who like Mini-ITX. I had a mini-ITX build and I probably would do it again if I didn't have some fixation on having a sound card (and yes, I do notice a more pleasing difference between using what I have vs. on-board audio). Even outside of that, Mini-ITX is widely used for thin-clients, multimedia PCs, and the like.

Status
Not open for further replies.