ASUS Recovery Not Working

Didi60814

Reputable
Oct 23, 2014
A while ago my ASUS notebook was having problems with low disk space, so I decided to try and move all my program files over to another partition that the computer came with via click and drag. After I moved all the program files i quickly figured out that this method of fixing my problem was not the correct way, I decided to click and drag the files from the other partition back over to the original. However that also did not work and now all my programs on my computer besides a select few don't work. I've tried to restore the computer back to factory settings but i always get an insert media error and when i try to access the ASUS recovery partition by pressing f9 on start up it just gives me the error code 0xc0000225. Is there a way to fix the problem? A complete system restore is not out of the question. Thanks for all your help in advance.

Solution
The backup partition is either corrupt, or not found. Not sure how your partitions were set up. If you are willing to make a complete wipe, you can download WinUSBMaker or WinsetupfromUSB to create a bootable USB Flash drive, that will re-install windows. I don't know the model of your notebook, ensure you are able to boot from a USB device. You will need a windows ISO though, if you have a windows disk you can make an ISO using various progs like nero. It's a bit of an undertaking if you are not computer-savy, but is doable with a little reading and some time. Also mind you you'll need to be able to activate your copy of windows as well. If it's under warranty, RMA it, if it's not and you aren't comfortable see if some back yard tech...

Ck1_13

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
The backup partition is either corrupt, or not found. Not sure how your partitions were set up. If you are willing to make a complete wipe, you can download WinUSBMaker or WinsetupfromUSB to create a bootable USB Flash drive, that will re-install windows. I don't know the model of your notebook, ensure you are able to boot from a USB device. You will need a windows ISO though, if you have a windows disk you can make an ISO using various progs like nero. It's a bit of an undertaking if you are not computer-savy, but is doable with a little reading and some time. Also mind you you'll need to be able to activate your copy of windows as well. If it's under warranty, RMA it, if it's not and you aren't comfortable see if some back yard tech will reformat it for you.

Solution