Status
Not open for further replies.
G

This is waaay cooler than the iPad.
Just get it out before Apple makes one.

babybeluga

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2010
Do you pronounce this "triple E" or "E-E-E" or just "eh"?

Just wondering...Personally, I think the eh keyboard makes sense for this kind of product.

RazberyBandit

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2008
This is a seemingly cool product. Being able to use any screen via wireless connection is a great feature. But...

I don't think it has the hardware capabilities to truly act as a media center like it's portrayed. Sure, that hardware is great for that little screen next to it, but what about that 50" 1920x1080 TV in my living room?

gsacks

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2008
It is a neat concept, but at the end of the day it is a gimmick. It is just a low end laptop/netbook with an undersized screen in a different form-factor.

Abrahm

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2007
[citation][nom]gsacks[/nom]It is a neat concept, but at the end of the day it is a gimmick. It is just a low end laptop/netbook with an undersized screen in a different form-factor.[/citation]
The iPad is just a gimmick too, didn't stop 300k sheep from sucking it up.

It's also interesting to note that ASUS invented the netbook, which at the time was just an underpowered laptop with a new form factor. That took off really well. We'll have to see if they can pull it off again or not.

apoq

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2006
[citation][nom]deividast[/nom]want one NOW.......!!!!!! give me one NOW!!!!!![/citation]
Seriously, what use do you have for it? I can't think of one application I could find any use for me. On the other hand, with the ipad, at least reading sounds like a winner.

Ryun

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2006
On the surface, because I don't really know too much about this product, this is just a laptop with the screen removed to me.

G

This is not a new form-factor. In fact, Cybernetman has been making these since the Pentium 3 chip. I remember back in 2002 looking into purchasing one of these for my mobile recording studio:

http://www.cybernetman.com/en/products/zero-footprint-pc/

sintekk

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
Wow... a modern incarnation of a Commodore 64 type product. Even hooks up to your TV!!! Most early home systems had everything integrated into the keyboard and it's funny to see the industry returning to that type of low-power home computer product.

G

Woohoo!
the EeePc was late. 3 months to be exact, but the EeeKeyboard is VERY LATE!
After more than a year they are still playing around with the idea, and noone has ever seen one in real life!

We're 3 generations ahead of the Atom N260 and still no Eee-keyboard!

So for all those wanting one, the video tells you to hold on and wait a bit more, probably only to discontinue the product due to too expensive, and older technology.

azetec

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2009
That's a cool product, but does it run Windows on it so I can install whatever programs I want on it ? cause if not then it's not so cool

And yeah does it run Crysis ? LOL

Zinosys

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2009
Mmm. This is a neat idea for the user that does not want a tower, but wants the performance of a nettop. I guess this will sell well in that sector.

And although it's (probably) been said many times before, this looks like a shiny, white C64. :p

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]apoq[/nom]Seriously, what use do you have for it? I can't think of one application I could find any use for me. On the other hand, with the ipad, at least reading sounds like a winner.[/citation]

Uh oh. You just broke a tom's hardware rule. You can't say anything positive about the iPad or the cellar dwellars who troll the forums bashing Apple will denounce you immediately. Learn from your mistake.

G

Flashing out an ipad on the train and doing stuff = cool;
Flashing out a ... keyboard (!?) and start typing = weirdo.

C 64

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2009
[citation][nom]sintekk[/nom]Wow... a modern incarnation of a Commodore 64 type product. Even hooks up to your TV!!! Most early home systems had everything integrated into the keyboard and it's funny to see the industry returning to that type of low-power home computer product.[/citation]
Hey!
There was nothing "low-power" about Commodore 64 when it came out .... what are you some sort of a Sinclair Spectrum fan ? ;)

EEEKeyboard looks nice and all, but it is laaaate and the main question in what is it good for, so it better be cheap or it is going to flop. Maybe ASUS knows they can't make it extremely cheap and this is the reason for eternal delays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS