Asus Releases ZenPad Flagship With USB Type-C And A Few Modifications

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkk

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2003
It's nice to see a new tablet to finally include USB Type C. How much savings of reduction of MP for the cameras though? Probably won't matter much since who is going to walk around taking pictures with a large tablet? I've seen em' and it's bit ridiculous.

rwinches

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2006
The Z3580 is a lower binning Pentium.

The clock is lower for the CPU and iGPU but so is the wattage (just over half) so great battery run time.

This model Atom has both memory channels working so it runs 64 bit Windows, while the Z3735F in my X205TA has only one channel which can support 2 GB runs 32 bit Win.

The older Atom series like in my netbook LT4004u with N2600 is a different animal but with a six cell battery has decent run time but not when compared to my ASUS X205TA

BTW that old netbook which came with 1 GB mem was slow but the recommended swap to 2 GB sped it up. But after I upgraded 7 home premium I decided to see what would happen if I tried a 4 GB stick even though 3 GB was the max 32 win would support. It gave a big boost to perf over all but that reserved 1 GB gave a little more memory to the iGPU so the win experience number increased .2 for graphics.

OneFai

Reputable
Jan 16, 2015
It does sound good except it is a bit too small for me. I like to read pdf on tablet. Anything less than 9 inch is just difficult. I do like the stylus option since I want to annotate pdf files with handwriting. So far, I don't see any good options except Surface or Samsung S pen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS