Asus Reportedly Launching 5 to 6 Ultrabooks in October

Status
Not open for further replies.

RabidFace

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2009
[citation][nom]zankuto[/nom]The HDD offerings seem a little tad small for those prices.[/citation]
Almost positive that it would be a SSD, so for those prices, it's about right. Also considering the CPUs, the form factor, and the design that went in to the chassis to dissipate the heat to keep things stable.

Just like the Razer Blade. Yes, the specs seem a bit weak for the price, but it's really not when you think about the quality of the laptop itself and design. Quality products come at a premium price. Of course you can get the specs of the Blade for less, but you won't get the aluminum body, multi-use LCD screen and 10 adaptive LCD keys.

aglarond

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2010
I hope there will be some ultrabook with new AMD APUs. It would be much more powerful in graphics, games and some calculations.

vaughn2k

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
I don't think you need a Core I7 for an ultrabook...
It is too overkill, if you'll do rendering and other stuff that would utilize the I7's prowess...

I'll stick with APU though...

dickcheney

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011
[citation][nom]phexac[/nom]Looks a lot like my Macbook Air...[/citation]

Apple does not own the rights to ''making a thin laptop'' you know...

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
[citation][nom]__-_-_-__[/nom]I love those metallic keyboards.no word about the gpu?[/citation]

most probably the intel IGPs.

[citation][nom]aglarond[/nom]I hope there will be some ultrabook with new AMD APUs. It would be much more powerful in graphics, games and some calculations.[/citation]

Can't really say much, the ultrabook is intel's baby. I don't think it'll let it's partners create "ultrabooks" that use AMD processors. At least i 'm sure they won't be funding it.

[citation][nom]vaughn2k[/nom]I'll stick with APU though...[/citation]

Sandy Bridge processors are APUs. I think you meant AMD's APUs?

allan_karman

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2009
[citation][nom]__-_-_-__[/nom]...no word about the gpu?[/citation]

Of course only integrated graphics will be used. The whole point of this form factor is portability.

Travelling all the time for work, I love my Samsung Series 9 ultrabook.

user_ace

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2011
i may be reading it wrong, but 7mm is only 0.3 inches. Is is seriously going to be a third of an inch thick? That would make it half the thickness of a Macbook Air! Nuts.

sundragon

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
[citation][nom]vaughn2k[/nom]I don't think you need a Core I7 for an ultrabook...It is too overkill, if you'll do rendering and other stuff that would utilize the I7's prowess...I'll stick with APU though...[/citation]

To compete with the Air, they need the i7 - it helps keep the laptop futureproof and the IGP has more headroom.
If they can use AMD APU, things will get interesting!

ridewya

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2010
Lets see wht else they gonna mess up with this unit, i bet anything it will have very bad fake supposedly "LED" screen with bad lines none of these mofos company actually care about thei product or design except apple...sad

Status
Not open for further replies.