ASUS Responds Angrily To Gigabyte

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

ASUS today released an official statement in response to recent development stemming from a Gigabyte press event held in Taiwan. Tom’s Hardware reported on the event, and noted that Gigabyte made several claims that ASUS had mislead customers by quietly

ASUS Responds Angrily To Gigabyte : Read more

FaceLifter

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2007
I have a P5K Deluxe and I can say with all honesty that the P5K is the worst mobo I've ever used, period! Non of the features that I bought it for work on a regular basis, if at all. Over clocking sucks, it will not boot up with out a bios reset, wi-fi is flaky, when I bought RAM listed on the Asus web site as compatible wasn't!...I could go on, but you get the idea. I've never been more disappointed with a company, but that's just my opinion.

predaking

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2007
after having a a7v8x that i was dissapointed in(chacked it up to the via chipset) i went with a p5b. which has a memory hole is i put in 4 gigs or ram at around 800-900. so i either have to underclock or over clock my ram.

i love my eee, but i'm not to happy with their mobo division.

johnbilicki

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2006
Instead of lawsuits I'd like my defective last-ever Asus product to replaced with a new working version considering I spent over $200 for the board and received two used boards as replacements.

It also sickens me that such a company which is unwilling to replace new and expensive motherboards with used parts gets the majority of spotlights when it comes to chipsets (nVidia's nForce information pages) and featured motherboard and video card products (Maximum PC magazine). Nothing says, 'We have your money now and we don't feel obliged that our trust extends beyond what our marketing department puts in front of your eyes' like refusal to properly honor RMAs...multiple RMAs that is.

horendus

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2007
I have always bought Gigabyte....their boxes are more visually appealing :D

But looks aside, the gigabyte boards just scream quality compared to *arses* imo

Ooopps...hope that little slip up doesn't land me a "lawsuit"

Those lawsuit threats make Asus look like tools because there willing to make these threats regardless of wheather the accusations are correct.

They should either COME CLEAN or provide evidence that there product work as advertised.

The lawsuit threats are just further destroying there now less than reputable image

mf_fm

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2006
omfg, i put my trust into Asus, now it is difficult for me to trust Asus' claims on products.

just don't lie to your customers, period.

i will reconsider buying Asus's products in the future, making sure i do massive research before placing my hard working dollars to false products made to cheat customers' money.

BAD.com Asus... bad...

drmoocow

Distinguished
May 17, 2008
I've been using Asus MB since I built my first computer back in 2000. Since then I've gone through about 6 motherboards and each one of them ASUS. However, since my last motherboard that was from Asus, I will NEVER buy another Asus product ever again. When I use AMD cpu's, I use DFI and now when I use Intel cpu's, I use Gigabyte.

My reason for not using any Asus product anymore is simply their customer service. After reading the article, it makes me dislike the company even more. My last straw was trying to set up a WD Raid with their premature motherboard a little over a year ago. Apparently there was an issue with Asus's design that wouldn't allow WD Raids to be set up. Called Asus, they blamed it on me even when I told them numerous users had the same problem as me.

As for Asus slapping a lawsuit on Gigabyte and Tom, well good luck with that. Asus is going to end up with one hefty bill at the end of this lawsuit if they decide to go with it because they have NO basis.

I support Tom's Hardware, along with all the other websites that do not inflate their data from test results.

Shame on Asus.

G

$400 all day event.

After spending over $400 on an ASUS Mobo and it did't work 'out of the box' (Apparently BIOS issues and settings) I will not go the ASUS way again.
From what I have read on ASUS Website and then made my disision to purchase this particular Mobo (Striker II Formula) I feel I have been led to false impressions / information.

Manufactures of all kind Must be precise in the specifications...
But better Still wait for THG to run a proper test :)

G

Darn, ASUS is jumping to legal matters. They forgot to explain first /swt

rollakid

Distinguished
May 14, 2008
[citation][nom]p4l1ndr0m3[/nom]Next mobo I buy is going to be Gigabyte. I hate ASUS and ABIT... I wish MSI had the quality they used to...[/citation]

All my current running PC at home uses MSI, one being 6 year old, both running without any problem. I stick to MSI for system that I build where I don't really care about all the features (ie. office work machine etc). They just go on and on...

alantlchan

Distinguished
May 15, 2008
[citation][nom]aevm[/nom]This looks bad, but in fact it's a good thing. Let Asus and Gigabyte keep each other honest. It's good for us who buy their products.[/citation]

Agree. We can do that as well by buying from a trustworhty manufacturers.

cruiseoveride

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2006
So much hoo for a budget board.
So asus was talking out of their ass, why dont they just let it slide and continue.
I'm still going to buy a Asus board for my PCs, i couldnt care less what gigabyte has to say. Not because i'm a fan, i just use what works, Asus works.
Anyways, if push goes to shove, i do hope Asus gets a nice whiplash for talking shit.

alantlchan

Distinguished
May 15, 2008
"Tom’s Hardware will conduct its own independent comparison of the ASUS P5K series and the Gigabyte EP35-DS3L. At this time, we’re still waiting for a response from ASUS that specifically answers the claims we spoke about in the original article."

Excellent! I really would like to see the result done by Tom's using Gigabyte's setup. But I guess the result will be clear, as Asus "response" is bad.

It is good to see the result of following:

1. The comparison of the boards with Gigabyte's setup
2. (At least) one high end and low end models of those 2 brands
3. Ideally, the result of Intel P45 series boards
4. Most importantly, all manufacturers learn the importance to be honest

A Chinese proverb: "Covering (lies) make them more exposed." I am sure many staff in Asus Taiwan had heard of it.
I hope Asus will learn the lesson this time.

alantlchan

Distinguished
May 15, 2008
Gigabyte lost some credit

Gigabyte shows this to the media
http://media.bestofmicro.com/,7-S-102664-3.jpg

But it is a display card (probably non-Asus)
http://attach1.mobile01.com/attach/200707/mobile01-
09573c0323d8c26747d786bd5c39180f.jpg

Compare this with the lower left pic in the URL above
http://attach1.mobile01.com/attach/200707/mobile01-187416df7981c718f4bf847fa13fbaa4.jpg

Compare this with the lower right pic in the 1st URL
http://attach1.mobile01.com/attach/200707/mobile01-be64ba03d81f7b40114c06851d1ad5ab.jpg

Anyway, we know bad quality solid cap can burst.

G

i bought a asus A8R mvp and it had to be the worst mobo ever. it was unstable , courrped my HDD about every 6 months (i know this was the case, iv had my new mobo for about a year and everthing is fine) overall it was just bad, ask anyone who has had one.

sailer

Splendid
I don't get it. Why all the fuss because the capacitors aren't Japanese. Its like there is some type of racism being implied. I don't care where a capacitor is made. I care if it works. I've used ASUS boards most of the time since 2000 and I've yet to have one blow a capacitor.

caamsa

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
I wonder what the numbers are concerning problems with ASUS boards? I have owned just about every brand of board you can think of and have not had a problem with any of them. Numbers please. Proof! Not rumors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS