Asus Reveals Pricing For ZenBook UX305 And ZenBook Pro UX501

Status
Not open for further replies.

balister

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2006
Oh hey, look, the UX501 is the same as the MacBook Pro 15" for $1000 less. The UX305 was already known to be the half price MacBook with exact same stats. And people still say Apple deserves to charge more when it looks like they probably bought the UX305 and UX501 from Asus and slapped in a single button mouse pad and removed Asus' name and put their own.

mfilipow

Honorable
May 18, 2015
I wonder why does the UX305 start so late in the US...? We already have it in Europe for several months now! (since January, I think).

hjj174

Honorable
Feb 8, 2014
Oh hey, look, the UX501 is the same as the MacBook Pro 15" for $1000 less. The UX305 was already known to be the half price MacBook with exact same stats. And people still say Apple deserves to charge more when it looks like they probably bought the UX305 and UX501 from Asus and slapped in a single button mouse pad and removed Asus' name and put their own.

Except with less ports.... Apple has no excuse.

balister

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2006
I wonder why does the UX305 start so late in the US...? We already have it in Europe for several months now! (since January, I think).

The UX305 has been here since late February/early March. A coworker bought his shortly after the information came out about it when the MacBook and MacBook Pro were announced by Apple. So, we've had it just as long.

grumman

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2012

The UX305 has been here since late February/early March. A coworker bought his shortly after the information came out about it when the MacBook and MacBook Pro were announced by Apple. So, we've had it just as long.

I concur. I live in the US and got my UX305 in late March or early April. The Arch Wiki states it was released on the 12 of February. So Tom's Hardware is just late to the game in this case, AnandTech already got their review of it published, several weeks ago.

TEAMSWITCHER

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2008

Except that the current design of the 15" MacBook Pro was introduced THREE YEARS AGO. Developers buy MacBook's to create Mac and iOS apps. These ASUS laptops can't do any of that, regardless of their low-price.

Then there is the issue of ASUS support. I can't run my business using hardware from a company that treats their customers so poorly. I would need to buy extra laptops to keep on hand in the event of a system failure - so much for the cost savings. You can't expect a developer to stop working for two weeks. The last MacBook issue we had was resolved in just one hour at our local Apple Store. ASUS can only fantasize about providing that level of customer service.

Lord Nirvash

Reputable
Apr 8, 2014
This is a much better product that Mac Book Pro as it released later. ASUS has proven to be able to create reliable and quality products, i dont know why Apple fans cant accept there is a better product in market at lower price. The only thing i would liked to see is this notebook with USB Type C and USB 3

I would like to see coments on the RIP of Razer Blade Pro

TEAMSWITCHER

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2008
Ugh! Go check out some un-boxing videos of the UX501. The power brick is almost THREE TIMES the size of the one you get with the 15" MacBook Pro. Then there's half the RAM, no MagSafe power adapter, no standard Thunderbolt ports, a slower CPU, god knows the battery life, and a WTF Only Windows 8.1 - NOT PRO.

Don't get me wrong, it's a good value for the price, but ASUS also shorted the specs a bit.

Lord Nirvash

Reputable
Apr 8, 2014
Ugh! Go check out some un-boxing videos of the UX501. The power brick is almost THREE TIMES the size of the one you get with the 15" MacBook Pro. Then there's half the RAM, no MagSafe power adapter, no standard Thunderbolt ports, a slower CPU, god knows the battery life, and a WTF Only Windows 8.1 - NOT PRO.

Don't get me wrong, it's a good value for the price, but ASUS also shorted the specs a bit.

Where u get the power brick is three times size?

The GPU on ASUS is better.
The CPU i can say they are pretty much the same. i dont want to read a full bench.
Thunderbolt ports: WTF is that? they have awasome rates, but who uses them? I cant tell the number of ppl that got thunderbolt ports on their mac and still dont know what they are.
Only Windows 8.1? so Win 10. and i love win 8.

So 1k diference in the price for magsafe? Not worth it.

Jesus, this ASUS is almost half of the price of a Mac Pro and is pretty much the same. I Wont say its better, i will only say in a great product for all the community that wants a good notebook and dont got tons of money

Madmaxneo

Reputable
Feb 25, 2014
As I have always said, Apple is over priced and not worth the cost. I don't think any of their products are worth the price they charge. At one time Apple products may have had better performance in the video editing department, but times change.
The only reason to purchase Apple now is the same reason people purchase designer jeans......of which I will never understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.