Asus Reveals ROG TYTAN CG8890 Gaming Desktop PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

greghome

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009
I'm wondering though,
Do Asus desktops come with their aftermarket ROG motherboards and DirectCU Graphics Card,
or do they use those cheap a$$ green colored mobo and reference cooled GPU , as in on the high end ones.

bawss

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2011
[citation][nom]greghome[/nom]I'm wondering though,Do Asus desktops come with their aftermarket ROG motherboards and DirectCU Graphics Card,or do they use those cheap a$$ green colored mobo and reference cooled GPU , as in on the high end ones.[/citation]
I don't think they will be.
It's not alienware

Pennanen

Honorable
May 29, 2012
"On top of the aerodynamic polygonal exterior that features an intricately designed chassis that transforms when the system is overclocked"

This is so sad, their selling point is plastic case that does transformers. I wonder who this product is aimed for.

ekho

Honorable
Aug 3, 2012
"The latest ROG desktop from Asus features a liquid-cooled Intel Core i7-3960X processor and a Nvidia GeForce GTX 690 GPU."

GeForce GTX 690, is not a GPU, is it?

greghome

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009
[citation][nom]ekho[/nom]"The latest ROG desktop from Asus features a liquid-cooled Intel Core i7-3960X processor and a Nvidia GeForce GTX 690 GPU."GeForce GTX 690, is not a GPU, is it?[/citation]

Do you prefer:
-a pair of GTX690 GPUs
-a GTX690 Graphics card
-a pair of downclocked full sized GK104
-a pair of GTX680s
-GTX590 GPUs

Pennanen

Honorable
May 29, 2012
[citation][nom]halcyon[/nom]Teens/kids?[/citation]
When i was a teen/kid i wanted to build my own pc and if someone had a pc that looked like a strip club inside, he got laughed at.

halcyon

Splendid
[citation][nom]Pennanen[/nom]When i was a teen/kid i wanted to build my own pc and if someone had a pc that looked like a strip club inside, he got laughed at.[/citation] You may have wanted to build your own PC but that doesn't mean most teen/kid gamers do. You may have been an exception and not the rule.

jackbling

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011
[citation][nom]halcyon[/nom]Teens/kids?[/citation]

And grown men who aren't too caught up in fashion to enjoy the simple things in life; I'm 28, and would love this case. They can keep the prebuilt system, but i would buy the case in a heartbeat....

I may look silly wearing some g930's, 3d vision classes, a mech5 kb, next to a transforming computer case, but i have always been one to overachieve; this includes my escapism.

halcyon

Splendid
[citation][nom]jackbling[/nom]And grown men who aren't too caught up in fashion to enjoy the simple things in life; I'm 28, and would love this case. They can keep the prebuilt system, but i would buy the case in a heartbeat....I may look silly wearing some g930's, 3d vision classes, a mech5 kb, next to a transforming computer case, but i have always been one to overachieve; this includes my escapism.[/citation]
...and there are folks that would rather drive a Shelby Mustang as opposed to an M3 (I'm not one of them). Nothing wrong that, just different tastes. However, I wonder if, in general the majority of the THG's 30+ readership would prefer a less toy-like enclosure. Different strokes I guess....

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
If they don't offer a model with a K series CPU they will be sorely limiting their sales... There just aren't enough (any) games that can take advantage of 12 logical cores better than 8 logical cores. The performance difference for gaming (the target consumer for this system) between a 3770k and a 3960x is non existent but the price difference will buy you a radeon 6990/gtx 590.

G

"I'm wondering though,
Do Asus desktops come with their aftermarket ROG motherboards and DirectCU Graphics Card,
or do they use those cheap a$$ green colored mobo and reference cooled GPU , as in on the high end ones."

They come with ROG Rampage IV motherboards.

halcyon

Splendid
[citation][nom]jghsdvjyteyuvtt7t[/nom]"I'm wondering though,Do Asus desktops come with their aftermarket ROG motherboards and DirectCU Graphics Card,or do they use those cheap a$$ green colored mobo and reference cooled GPU , as in on the high end ones."They come with ROG Rampage IV motherboards.[/citation]
Very nice.

hetneo

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2011
[citation][nom]greghome[/nom]I'm wondering though,Do Asus desktops come with their aftermarket ROG motherboards and DirectCU Graphics Card,or do they use those cheap a$$ green colored mobo and reference cooled GPU , as in on the high end ones.[/citation]
[citation][nom]bawss[/nom]I don't think they will be.It's not alienware[/citation]
It comes with Rampage IV Formula MoBo and GTX 690 and 2133 MHz RAM and 2 128GB SATAIII SSDs in RAID 0 configuration with extra 2TB HDD for storage. You are correct about reference cooled GPU only, and I don't think that many people would like GTX 690 with anything but it's stock cooler, it is that much awesome looking. Everything is far beyond "those cheap a$$ green colored mobo and reference cooled GPU".

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS