Question Asus RMA is a scam

S13ontap

Reputable
Jul 3, 2020
Hey Guys,

Great forum. alwasy helpful. Thought I'd post my experiance with ASUS RMA.

Ordered an ARGB mouse pad off Amazon that failed to power on after awhile. I ws outside my amazon return timeline, so I went through all the steps and got it applied for an RMA through ASUS

Then I tried to actually SHIP the product back to them, and they wanted 88 bucks for shipping!!!! The product only costs 99!

Obviously this is stupid. Anyone know if there is a workaround?
I'm 2 seconds away from ordering a new one from Amazon and sending it back as a defect with the garbage one in the box instead.

Ralston18

Titan
What specific ARGB mouse pad did you order via Amazon?

Link?

Do not order another ARGB mouse pad. You will get billed for that mouse pad and applicable shipping costs as well.

It is very likely that your scheme (aka: "ordering a new one from Amazon and sending it back as a defect with the garbage one in the box instead") will be discovered.

And it all costs you more in the end.

Focus on escalating current the issue within ASUS.

Also reconsider: Does a RGB mouse pad really help with your game play etc.?

Never let form get in the way of function.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

S13ontap

Reputable
Jul 3, 2020
No. Why would lighting assist my gameplay? My function is just fine, I just wanted to have my case lighting and setup extend to the mousepad as well.

As for the amazon thing, they'd never know. Amazon doesn't even return product. it costs too much to ship things back. They just sell in bulk to local distributors like crazy bins where the public then buy amazon returns from unopened boxes.

My ethical hangup on that is that it wasn't Amazon that wants to screw me. its ASUS not standing behind their product. So they don't deserve it. Although I'm sure Bezos could afford it....

Asus should pay shipping IMO. their product failed, and they agreed to warranty it. Problem is that they want me to pay the sum of a new product to have them do that. Pretty shifty if you ask me. Would that I could screw them instead of a delivery company.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree asus should stand behind their product and did wrong to you, but stealing from Amazon is not right either. I’d say keep pressing asus and going higher up the chain and make them realize that you are not happy and that if they don’t fix the situation they will lose you as a customer and that you will share your story.

Just looking around it looks like there are some nice large rgb mouse pads for a lot less money so you might give one of those a shot.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ralston18

S13ontap

Reputable
Jul 3, 2020
I guess I'm hesitant to deal with ASUS, I've had issues dealing with MSI in the past, and I guess I just expected the same from others.
I haven't tried to ship it myself though. Shipping from western Canada. I just tried to use their shipping, as they plug it as a prefered price through purilator (maybe fedex). Then i got the price and it was only 10 bucks off the cost of a new one.

My hangup was: what if i send them this, and they send me back a refurb. (which is usually the case with this stuff) and then it doesn't work? then I'm out another shipping cost? Seems like if they have approved the RMA, they should send a shipping label, or cover the entire shipping cost. It's not damaged. it's defective. I've got 2 ASUS monitors, and a KB and mouse with them. All the rest of my setup is MSI.
I've been considering going to ASUS on my new build, but now I'm on the fence.

I may just be jaded due to the support on their software being nonexistant. I just assume that they will have the same stance on the rest. I've literally spent days going down the rabbit hole trying to find a platform to get support with software from MSI, and maybe I haven't really given ASUS a chance yet.

As for the alternate mousepad, I'm trying to keep everything synced through the same software, cause I like the Aura sync color settings, I've got all ROG stuff externally, and the settings are pretty similar to the MSI stuff controlled by dragon center in my tower. Everything matchey matchey

As far as a build with asus components a lot of people like them. Myself they are ok, but I used to do more pc repair as a side job and I remember having good luck with gigabyte at the time for motherboards, though in my ryzen build I am running a b350 board from asrock from 2017-2018. Not a lot of experience using msi components to really form an opinion.

Hey Guys,

Great forum. alwasy helpful. Thought I'd post my experiance with ASUS RMA.

Ordered an ARGB mouse pad off Amazon that failed to power on after awhile. I ws outside my amazon return timeline, so I went through all the steps and got it applied for an RMA through ASUS

Then I tried to actually SHIP the product back to them, and they wanted 88 bucks for shipping!!!! The product only costs 99!

Obviously this is stupid. Anyone know if there is a workaround?
I'm 2 seconds away from ordering a new one from Amazon and sending it back as a defect with the garbage one in the box instead.

Are you outside of the US or some other lager country with ASUS support local? If not that would explain the large shipping. You can ship a mousepad for like $10 fully insured. I don't see anyone charging that much for shipping unless they are doing it overnight and you are in an area where they don't have a local presence.