[SOLVED] ASUS RMA SHIPPING ISSUES!

Gingyfpss

Great
Jul 17, 2021
Short thing, i sent my ASUS b550f motherboard into repair, they said they were gonna send me an email with the address of the place, but never got one until yesterday (days after i delivered it to MAKE technologies new york) now that i see the email, i see that it says
ASUSService Center
Attn:RMA Dept.,
121River Ridge Circle, Dock C
Jeffersonville,IN 47130

i searched up the asus repair centers and it listed off only 4, none of them being the address listed in the email.

I chose the closest to me that worked in desktops i.e motherboards, and i called at work today asking about if they got my package and if it’s being repaired, and they responded with “send us an email of the ASUS information and RMA number etc.”

My question to this, is will this be an issue considering they are the correct place to send it, i just didn’t send it to the specific address?
This is kinda ASUS’s fault cause it took them days to send me the email of the address originally needed.
Thanks for the replies and the read!

Solution
the board was supposed to be sent to the actual ASUS corporate center, not some certified repair shop.

you would need to contact the actual shop that you sent your board to.
looking up other ASUS certified repair centers won't help you.
also try replying to the agent that was originally helping you through email and see what they have to say about the matter.

it's possible that this place you sent it to had no clue what was going on and just accepted the package.
if it has the RMA information on the shipping box, as it should, hopefully they would contact ASUS and get the ball rolling.
but if it is just some small generic repair shop that happens to be ASUS certified it's also possible that they would just shrug and say, "what the...
the board was supposed to be sent to the actual ASUS corporate center, not some certified repair shop.

also try replying to the agent that was originally helping you through email and see what they have to say about the matter.

it's possible that this place you sent it to had no clue what was going on and just accepted the package.
if it has the RMA information on the shipping box, as it should, hopefully they would contact ASUS and get the ball rolling.
but if it is just some small generic repair shop that happens to be ASUS certified it's also possible that they would just shrug and say, "what the heck is this junk?". and possibly just toss it aside.

ASUS customer support / tech support has been getting less and less reliable over the past couple years.
some time ago when i would deal with them they would go out of their way to accommodate with sending free replacement parts after warranty expires, free shipping on everything, help with purchasing products that were not available locally, etc.
now over the last while each time i've contacted them i get the same exact response,
"we'll check with one of our repair facilities and see if they have the parts you require" or
"go to your nearest repair facility and see if they can help you there".
just recently even for a $5 antennae that broke they said i would have to RMA the entire $300 motherboard or drive ~200 miles to a certain shop to ask if they MIGHT have a replacement available.

even on their forums they have stopped officially responding to customer questions and complaints.

Solution

Gingyfpss

Great
Jul 17, 2021

but if it is just some small generic repair shop that happens to be ASUS certified it's also possible that they would just shrug and say, "what the heck is this junk?". and possibly just toss it aside.

ASUS customer support / tech support has been getting less and less reliable over the past couple years.
some time ago when i would deal with them they would go out of their way to accommodate with sending free replacement parts after warranty expires, free shipping on everything, help with purchasing products that were not available locally, etc.
now over the last while each time i've contacted them i get the same exact response,
"we'll check with one of our repair facilities and see if they have the parts you require" or
just recently even for a $5 antennae that broke they said i would have to RMA the entire $300 motherboard or drive ~200 miles to a certain shop to ask if they MIGHT have a replacement available.

even on their forums they have stopped officially responding to customer questions and complaints.
ROFLLLL so much for a multi million dollar company. I’ll call the place again asking about it, i sent an email with my RMA (it’s on the box as well)
To me, it looks like a pretty large facility in New York that deals with this kind of stuff, so hopefully and possibly they will continue the “repair” and or send me another (referencing asus to sending) i say in quotes cause i think it’s inrepairable. Windows install would crash and such. would the best course of action be to call and send another email just in case?

Gingyfpss

Great
Jul 17, 2021

Okay this really ticked me off, just got of the phone a minute ago, she said she checked in the “unknown elections” and that they receive about 500 units often, and she said that there was no unit with my tracking number, or RMA# that was delivered there. now i have to call USPS and see what in the heck happens to my package and get a “reimbursement” for my package. worth 200 dollars and i can almost bet 50 on not getting a cent of that back from them. This is literally the most IRRITATING thing i have possibly ever encountered. I’m just baffled at what i was just told. The fact that it didn’t even make it to them (from what she says) is wayyyyyy beyond me.

if you dropped it off at a USPS facility you would have the ticket with the tracking number on it
or if you purchased a label online you should also have the tracking info there.
this would show for sure if it made it to this facility or not.

but if this place gets as many packages as they're inferring it may just take a few days for them to process the package and have it in their system.
now i have to call USPS and see what in the heck happens to my package and get a “reimbursement” for my package.
a lot of the time they will only honor refunds for packages if you had purchased insurance for it along with the shipping.
the type of shipping you used can also affect the outcome; Priority Mail, Standard, etc..
but the USPS is pretty good about customer service.
i used them a couple times a week for years for my Amazon storefront that was in operation and always had a good experience with them solving shipping problems.

Gingyfpss

Great
Jul 17, 2021
if you dropped it off at a USPS facility you would have the ticket with the tracking number on it
or if you purchased a label online you should also have the tracking info there.
this would show for sure if it made it to this facility or not.

but if this place gets as many packages as they're inferring it may just take a few days for them to process the package and have it in their system.

a lot of the time they will only honor refunds for packages if you had purchased insurance for it along with the shipping.
the type of shipping you used can also affect the outcome; Priority Mail, Standard, etc..
but the USPS is pretty good about customer service.
i used them a couple times a week for years for my Amazon storefront that was in operation and always had a good experience with them solving shipping problems.
I just sent a claim for them (usps) she said that they received no package with that tracking number on it. I understand the RMA not being in their system due to the wrong address issue. And maybe that is the case, where that havnt sifted through the packages and seen that specific one. i sent the case with USPS, along with proof of purchase (bank statement) and proof of distributer( Best Buy). i guess I’ll just wait it out for either of the two to give me news. Or else I’m just gonna forget about the whole thing, let who ever has my MOBO, have the broken thing, and just pay the 195.55 i payed 6 months ago again.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
In short you sent the board to the wrong place being impatient and all they have to say is they don't have it.

Probably be ready to buy a new board.

For Asus has been going down hill a couple years on their customer service you can really say they went down hill about 8 years ago.

Gingyfpss

Great
Jul 17, 2021
In short you sent the board to the wrong place being impatient and all they have to say is they don't have it.

For Asus has been going down hill a couple years on their customer service you can really say they went down hill about 8 years ago.
Not impatient lol, they said the day i called them they would send an email regarding RMA and shipping/packaging, shipped on the 6th, got the email on the 7th at 4:36pm est. also, the site literally says “find repair center” and Dosnt even list the one in IN. So far from impatient

Gingyfpss

Great
Jul 17, 2021

Though, I’ve kinda already come to my own consensus about getting a new MOBO. As i said in the latter, I’m just gonna let who received it/and or stole it(cause it’s New York) deal with the broken component. less stress on my back i guess, plus it’s only 195.55(adding tax) no biggie. honestly would have just wanted a replacement as it was within warranty. Bought it in July 9th 2021. So it was well within. I’m going to buy the warranty from Best Buy this time so there’s no heart act JUST in case i get this again.