Question Asus ROG 6900XT suddenly booted?

Apr 21, 2022
This is kind of a weird one.

Yesterday, when I finally got my computer to boot back up after re-installing my new PSU (I had to get a new psu to handle my new gpu), I was able to delete all my nvidia drivers that I could find, with my old Gigabyte 1070 in the slot. Except for the ones in the hidden files I guess. Then I go to download my new drivers for my new GPU, the software installer doesn't recognize my GPU (obviously) and it says the installation is cancelled.

I'm like, alright whatever I'll try to boot my new gpu anyways. So I load the new one into slot 1, and try to boot. my computer turns on, everything is working electronically, but it is not displaying to my monitor.

naturally I go to complain to my friend, but then after a long wait, my monitor started to display and everything was working.

What happened? Everything is working fine now, but it is still confusing to me why it would happen like that.

Should I put both of my GPU's into my motherboard at the same time, next time I end up getting a new gpu?

Apr 21, 2022
I used the new cables from my power supply unit, except for my cpu. I left it plugged in on the mobo and then plugged the other end into my new psu. I guess I lucked out because everything worked fine, no odd noises. I went from a Corsair 850 to a Corsair 1000w, but if I ever switch again I am definitely going to use the included plugs now that I know they can be different.