Monitor Spec:
2560x1440
165Hz refresh
1ms Response

Another monitor release with this one is the Asus PG27UQ
Monitor Specs:
1000 cd/m3
HDR10

I do not see anywhere stated in the article that the curved one will have hdr.

Dantte

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2011

Its not in Tom's article, its part of the release from Asus, they call it "HDR ready". Weird that they use that language, but we'll see the full release at CES in June.

Also I edited my original message about the panel types, cant remember where i read that it was a SVA panel, cant find, but they were also discussing how Samsung was able to get such speed out of that technology. I really do hope its some type of VA panel, I prefer the contrast over color saturation that VAs have over IPS.

Hmm interesting HDR would definitely improve things but it also depends how capable those panels are i have OLED tv that i game on so it would take a lot for me to go back to a monitor.

Sam Hain

Honorable
Apr 21, 2013
Interesting to see if indeed the PG27VQ will meet the HDR spec or not as the dot-quantum pitch does not in itself qualify, in so much at the nits and other factors; http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/asus-to-launch-hdr-quantum-dot-monitors-rog-strix-xg27vqswift-pg27vq-and-pg27uq.html

On the other hand, the PG27UQ is advertised as outright HDR along with 4K rez, G-Sync and 144Hz for which a lot of folks have been screaming for that spec for a few minutes, LOL.

I'd be quite happy with PG27VQ:bounce: though, as the PG27UQ is gonna' need some serious GPU horsepower and cash to push.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS