Review Asus ROG Azoth Review: Almost Perfect, But for the Software

RichardtST

Notable
May 17, 2022
Can confirm Armory Crate is probably the most loathsome piece of over-bloated, dysfunctional, and disorganized software known to mankind. Perhaps second only to HP Printer software, but that's likely a personal preference as to which is really the worst. It (AC) is, in fact, why I do not buy ASUS ROG devices any more. I just don't want to deal with it. How can they not know this??? I mean, FFS, fire every single designer, developer, tester, and manager involved, wipe the source code off the planet, and start over. That is how bad it is.

Reactions: peterf28

peterf28

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2013
Armory crate installation requires connection to internet. That SW really sucks in all aspects ... Lately I have the feeling SW accessibility/ usability is going downhill ..

D

Deleted member 14196

It should be a given that most all keyboard software is just absolutely terrible and complete bloatware. The only app that I really like is the one that comes with my Rosewill kb. It’s a tiny little executable that never causes any problems and it doesn’t call home.

you don’t even need it because you can do all the settings through the keyboard

Rodney Wilder

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2013
let's not forget that this horrible piece of software still requires user be an admin to run it which is unacceptable as no one should be using an admin account for day to day usage.