Jun 24, 2019
Ok so I tried searching through threads and I cannot find a fix anywhere or even a cause. Lets start with system specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600
GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 6GB
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB (8GBx4) 3000MHz
MOBO: ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming
PSU: Theramlake 600W

Ok so my system has been working perfectly until today. I first only had two 8GB RAM sticks in the system (16GB) from March until about 2 weeks ago, and I added two more of the same memory sticks to make 32GB. I was able to game and use the PC just fine.

The system has been shut down for 3 days as I wasnt using it and I built a new desk today so I went ahead and unplugged everything to move the PC to the new desk. Once I plugged everything back up (exterior cables - nothing inside the system was touched) and booted the system up, I have no display. The monitor is black and the keyboard and mouse dont light up. The interior RGB lights turn on, the front and rear fans are spinning, the GPU fans are spinning, and my CPU cooler is spinning. The DRAM light is lit up. I referred to the manual and this tells me there is a memory issue. I then tried each memory stick one at a time in each slot and each time I got the same result - black monitor/keyboard and mouse not lighting up/DRAM LED on the MOBO is lit.

I then tested the memory from this gaming PC in my other PC - it worked fine. I took the memory out of my secondary PC and tested it in my gaming PC (yes, the ram is compatible - Corsair Vengeance LPX 2400MHz) and I got the DRAM LED lit and same results with the monitor being black.

Ive also tried taking the CMOS battery out for over 20 mins, unplugging the power and holding the power button down for 20 seconds to clear the RAM, I've even tried shorting the RTC RAM jumper on the MOBO. Nothing has worked. This is leading me to believe that the 3 month old motherboard has randomly died from just .... sitting there?

Has anyone had a similar issue or any advice? Id really hate to go spend 130$ on a new MOBO if I dont need to.

You may well have corrupted your Bios as well as what Calvin7 says. Adding a kit of RAM to an already existing kit (even of the same specs) is never a good idea.
What is your need for 32GB?
I recommend you reflash your Bios with the latest version from ASUS support. (version 2301)

Download the Bios file to an empty USB stick formatted to FAT32 and single partition. Rename the file to RX450FGM.CAP then enter Bios and use the EZ Flash3 utility. Instructions are on page 3-24 in your MB manual. That's ofc if you can get into Bios?
Use just a single DIMM to test with, inserted in DIMM_A2 slot and ensure it's seated well especially on the offside to the clip.

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2019
For starters, you don't have a Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB (8GBx4) 3000MHz kit.
You have TWO Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB (8GBx2) 3000MHz kits.

Corsair does not guarantee compatibility of memory when using multiple kits of memory.

Ryzen 5 1600 - AMD - WikiChip
Scroll down to Memory Configurations to view the official AMD supported speeds when populating 4 of 4 memory slots.
Holy fuck guy, like that made a difference. Had nothing to do with the memory anyway. PSU was bad - got a new one.

and IDK what you guys are talking about. I have NEVER had an issue with running 2 16gb kits. Shit, Ive ran corsair LPX with ADATA XPG Z1s and never had issues. 16GB of ram tends to bottleneck some games like Squad, BFV, and Far Cry. Putting the extra 16GB in was to get rid of memory errors when playing squad.