Question ASUS ROG B550-F + AMD Ryzen 7 5700G - No POST

Jan 16, 2022
Hi - So I haven't built a computer in a long time so this is like a refresher for me and I'm having an issue and I can't find an answer thus far:

I got the ASUS ROG B550-F (not the wi-fi) and an AMD Ryzen 7 5700G knowing that I'd have to update BIOS. I also purchased brand new RAM (Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 2x16) and can't get the computer to start. The indicator on the motherboard says DRAM but I've literally researched and tried everything I could find over the last 8 weeks (terrible, I know) and honestly I'm not sure what to do next. I also tested to make sure my hard drives were good (they are) and bought a brand new power supply since the original stuff in this computer was 7 years old (give or take a year). The only thing I haven't replaced (and I'm not sure if I need to) is the GeForce graphics card that is so old I honestly have no idea what it is (I know, I'm going to research getting a new one since I practically replaced everything else in this dang thing).

I replaced all the connections, made sure the RAM clicked in (and tried every combination of slots), along with every suggestion I could find online and I reset the CMOS today (unsuccessfully). Please help!!!

Last edited:

kanewolf

Titan
Hi - So I haven't built a computer in a long time so this is like a refresher for me and I'm having an issue and I can't find an answer thus far:

I got the ASUS ROG B550-F (not the wi-fi) and an AMD Ryzen 7 5700G knowing that I'd have to update BIOS. I also purchased brand new RAM (Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 2x16) and can't get the computer to start. The indicator on the motherboard says DRAM but I've literally researched and tried everything I could find over the last 8 weeks (terrible, I know) and honestly I'm not sure what to do next. I also tested to make sure my hard drives were good (they are) and bought a brand new power supply since the original stuff in this computer was 7 years old (give or take a year). The only thing I haven't replaced (and I'm not sure if I need to) is the GeForce graphics card that is so old I honestly have no idea what it is (I know, I'm going to research getting a new one since I practically replaced everything else in this dang thing).

I replaced all the connections, made sure the RAM clicked in (and tried every combination of slots), along with every suggestion I could find online with the exception of resetting/replacing CMOS. Please help!!!
You "knew" that you would have to update the BIOS. Did you successfully update the BIOS using the flashback feature?

Reactions: Harliqiss
Jan 16, 2022
You "knew" that you would have to update the BIOS. Did you successfully update the BIOS using the flashback feature?

Hi, yes I "knew" because I researched the part and many threads said its compatibility is fine once the BIOS is updated. Maybe I'm updating it wrong? The first time I did it, I just updated to the newest BIOS and when that didn't work, I found threads saying that they needed specific versions. So I tried to do the BIOS Flashback to do those specific versions. No luck. I redid the CMOS today and figured maybe I should just update them in order instead of bouncing around based on everyone's suggestions. So far I'm on update 1216 - no luck thus far. I feel like this might not be the right course of action but I wanted to see it through (sounds stupid, I'm sorry!!!)

Jan 16, 2022
:( I think I found my issue. I popped the chip out and it appears that a few pins are bent.

PXL-20220117-000910831-PORTRAIT.jpg