Question Asus ROG B550-F Dram QLed on

Jul 5, 2020
Hey guys, just bought the below components and threw them together to find the dram qled light on and no display on screen.

ROG B550-f (Wifi)
HX432C16FB3AK2/16
AMD 3600

(Using a known working gtx660ti temporarily)

Adata 256gb nvme ssd
Silverstone strider 700w

I was able to get into the bios once or twice using 1 stick, as soon as i added the second stick the issue came back and wont go away even with only one stick.

I have alternated all slots, fully disassembled and re assembled, updated bios to the latest version.

I note that HX432C16FB3AK2 is not on the asus QVL, but in my experience this hasnt been much of an issue on other systems.

What should be my next steps?

Thanks!

TK31

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2011
From how its sounding, it seems as though the RAM sticks are dead/faulty, or you may have faulty RAM slots on the motherboard. Seeing as you have already tried alternating all the slots, it does sound like one of the two. It's hard to diagnose when it doesn't boot up, but if the RAM is under warranty, i'd try claim warranty on those first, and when they replace it, test the replacements. If that also fails then its more than likely your RAM slots themselves and i'd RMA the mobo.

Reactions: ASSAD101
Jul 5, 2020
Hey guys, just bought the below components and threw them together to find the dram qled light on and no display on screen.

ROG B550-f (Wifi)
HX432C16FB3AK2/16
AMD 3600

(Using a known working gtx660ti temporarily)

Adata 256gb nvme ssd
Silverstone strider 700w

I was able to get into the bios once or twice using 1 stick, as soon as i added the second stick the issue came back and wont go away even with only one stick.

I have alternated all slots, fully disassembled and re assembled, updated bios to the latest version.

I note that HX432C16FB3AK2 is not on the asus QVL, but in my experience this hasnt been much of an issue on other systems.

What should be my next steps?

Thanks!

10 days ago I built my first pc. Everything seemed to be working fine, but after 6 days the same thing happened to me too. Simply turning the PSU on and off would fix the problem for me. When I installed my new PowerColor RX 5700 XT, things were different though. After just one day of usage, when I powered my pc on, the fans started spinning, everything lit up, but my pc wouldn’t POST anymore. The Q-LEDS didn’t even work... I’ve litterally tried everything and did troubleshoot, but nothing really helped. I’m assuming that my motherboard is faulty and I will RMA soon.

Components:

• Ryzen 5 3600
  • ASUS B550 F (WIFI)
  • Corsair RM750
  • Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (3600 MHz)
  • PowerColor RX 5700 XT Red devil

Greetings

Jul 5, 2020
Thanks @TK31, Just got some new ram from the store and still no luck, anything i should do before using a new kit apart from clear bios?

Thinking im going to have to try replacing the motherboard next.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks again!