[SOLVED] ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VI HERO or ASUS ROG STRIX B450-E GAMING

Jul 16, 2019
Im going to upgrade my CPU to ryzen 5 3600 and i have no idea which mobo i should pick. C6H is 10€ cheaper, has bios flashback and better VRM. B450E is newer but i must buy bios flash service for another 15€ (I don't have any friends with ryzen cpus and i'm upgrading from intel 7th gen). Also im considering upgrading to 4th gen ryzen in the future and i'm not sure if X370 will support it. I'm going with g.skill trident z 3200Mhz cl16 memory and from aesthetic side i like C6H a bit more. Thanks for all replies

Solution
For all intents and purposes, I'd go for the latest piece of hardware - meaning the B450 chipset. The Strix gets my vote if these are the only two options you have at your disposal and ATX is the only form factor you can pick up for your build.

If I were you, I'd pick up an mitx or matx board to have a smaller form factor system.

Lutfij

Titan
For all intents and purposes, I'd go for the latest piece of hardware - meaning the B450 chipset. The Strix gets my vote if these are the only two options you have at your disposal and ATX is the only form factor you can pick up for your build.

If I were you, I'd pick up an mitx or matx board to have a smaller form factor system.

Solution
Jul 16, 2019

Currently i have upgraded my case to Fractal Design Meshify C so i want to stick with the ATX form factor. Also i have read some posts about Strix B450E VRM running pretty hot and i'm worried bcs my ambient is like 24°C in winter and around 28°C in summer.

Jul 16, 2019

Right now as i was browsing local retail stores i found Strix X470-F for same price as Strix B450-E so now im for sure going with X470. Thank you, you have opened my eyes :D