Asus ROG Front Base Panel Helps You Control Your PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

universal remonster

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2011
"USB 2.0? Really?"

"they're gonna put USB 2.0 on a ROG product (huge price premiums) in 2014? really? "

Really? Really? You're ganna talk about being behind the times while sounding like you're stuck in 2010? Really?

SessouXFX

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2011
Whether anyone likes it or not, USB 2.0 is still being used on a wide scale of items. Just what were you guys hoping to see here? A unit that's purely USB 3.0?

therogerwilco

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2009
Too bad their boards suck.This is just like the one that comes with the Extreme, but in a different form.All I've heard about that? It's gimmicky.And like the others have said, how do you expect us to take the product seriously if you put a usb 2.0 port on there? Sure it's a charging port, but it doesn't handle data? 2.0 is still less current than 3.0..

lp231

Splendid
For those who are moaning about why not having a USB 3.0? I would like a USB 3.0 too, but you have to think for a minute as to why Asus went with a USB 2.0 instead of 3.0.Those who are going to buy this, probably has a brand new spanking system and their cases will most likely have front USB 3.0. Most motherboards only has 1x internal USB 3.0 header which is used up by the case. So if this panel has 3.0 then it would be useless because there is no way for you to connect it, unless you have a motherboard with 2x internal USB 3.0 headers or do not mind, for this panel to have aUSB 3.0 cable that needs to loop out the back of the case and plug it into the the USB 3.0 port on the back of the board.

SessouXFX

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2011
Nobody would argue that USB 2.0 is current. Everyone knows 3.0 is faster. As for their boards "sucking", that's is based on opinion.

With that said, it appeared that they used 2.0 for those that had ROG boards previous to it's release, and not just for the here and now. But the real problem here is, so many want the newest thing ASAP. And they want it for cheap, and they want it at the highest quality possible. USB 3.0 is still a little pricey, USB 2.0 has matured and in abundance. You gotta cut cost some place.

all you guys arguing over the USB 2.0 still being relavent, think about thisthis is a product in the ROG line, from ASUS. they've always come at a price premium. I wouldn't be surprised if this panel turn out to be around $100-$150. at that price, would you really settle for USB 2.0 on such a premium panel? no? I thought soanywho, there's no chance i'm getting this

TheMentalist

Distinguished
Its actually quite usefull. Nice ROG item again, nothing new, but pretty cool looking. If it's sold for a good price, i'm buying it for sure.And USB2.0 is still good, if you have problems with 2.0 and want 3.0 buy a different motherboard then and don't moan about it.

lp231

Splendid

Your forgetting the problem is not all motherboards have 2x internal USB 3.0 headers. If your case has front USB 3.0 and is already using it, the USB 3.0 on this panel will be useless, since there is no where to plug it in.
Asus boards that I can remember on top of my head which has 2x internal USB 3.0 headers are the P8Z77-V Pro and Rampage IV Extreme. The Rampage IV Black Edition only has 1.
I believe Asrock has on too, but I can't remember the model.

Status
Not open for further replies.