Question ASUS ROG G14 GA401QC battery issues

Nov 1, 2022
I recently bought an ASUS ROG G14 GA401QC gaming laptop for university and I'm not getting the battery time I expected to get. From every review I've seen, this laptop is supposed to have an incredible battery time (supposedly 8+ with light productivity), even for a gaming computer, but Windows 11 shows an estimate of around 3 hours at 100%. Not only Windows, but from my experience I've had it go from 100 to 10 in around 2,5 hours.

1) This is a fresh Windows 11 install with basically nothing installed other than some things like Steam, Discord, Firefox, WinRAR...

2) I've only used it to chat in Discord, browse the internet and watch some videos. Nothing CPU or GPU intensive.

3) My model is the GA401QC with 16GB RAM, RTX 3050 and Ryzen 7 5800HS.

4) I have updated the BIOS to the latest version, and my Windows 11 version is 22H2.

5) I've tried using the native resolution, as well as Quad HD, and I've also tried switching between 120hz and 60hz but it doesn't change much.

6) I have my PC running on the Performance Power Plan.

If you have any more questions, I'll be glad to answer them. Any help will be appreciated.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

1) This is a fresh Windows 11 install with basically nothing installed other than some things like Steam, Discord, Firefox, WinRAR...
If your laptop was tethered to the www during the OS install, the OS will download and install drivers it thinks is right for your platform. You're advised to be disconnected from the www, once the OS install is completed successfully, you're supposed to install all relevant drivers for your laptop, manually, in an elevated command. Once all relevant drivers are installed, connect to the www, then let the OS do it's thing(i.e, update).

Performance Power Plan.
What does power slider set to best battery life give you?

Nov 1, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

If your laptop was tethered to the www during the OS install, the OS will download and install drivers it thinks is right for your platform. You're advised to be disconnected from the www, once the OS install is completed successfully, you're supposed to install all relevant drivers for your laptop, manually, in an elevated command. Once all relevant drivers are installed, connect to the www, then let the OS do it's thing(i.e, update).

Performance Power Plan.
What does power slider set to best battery life give you?
I'm on Windows 11 so I'm pretty sure there's no power slider, where can I find it?