Asus ROG G501, Fn+brightness NOT WORKING and NVIDIA Driver Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loh_1

Reputable
Sep 3, 2015
Last week just bought this Asus ROG G501(FullHD Ver, i7, 8GB RAM, Nvidia GTX960m 2GB) for work/gaming. At first I was thinking buying this lappie back and will be no problem happily forever cause is new, but then after when back home I on,setup, window updates ,drivers update. And I try render video from Premiere Pro, it say my graphic has stop working and recover back. and appear "A TDR has been detected. The application must close" From there my Nvidia graphics start got problem. Sometimes it freeze, and BSOD :( It makes me restart more than I using the mouse... And I realize my Fn+Brightness button also stop working. But others shortcut was ok. Should I downgrade my Nvidia Graphics Drivers? Now is the latest 355.82 ver. Anyone got any ideas? Please Help... I feel like my money is flying away for purchasing this laptop...

metalicgeek

Reputable
Aug 26, 2015
Use a System Restore operation to roll back to the state your laptop was in before the problems occurred. Make sure to check the option that scans for affected programs and files. If System Restore makes your laptop fine, try updating your drivers one by one, starting with the graphics driver. Pin down the root cause of your issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.