[SOLVED] ASUS ROG G731GT WON'T START WINDOWS WITHOUT USB STICK INSERTED

Dec 4, 2019
Hello guys, i have a huge problem, i have buy a rog laptop installed everything windows10 , drivers my software and when i restart the pc wont start it freeze the logo, If i repair start up with windows stick works... and the strange thing, if the WINDOWS 10 stick is inserted everything works fine...
The laptop is brand new, i returned the first one i thinked is a hardware problem but i think i have a conflict someware...
How i can find what the problem is ?

The windows 10 is downloaded from microsoft is untoched.... i install windows. install drivers and software and wont boot.. i can record a video if neccesery

Any advice?

Thanks

Solution
if you have registered your laptop, ASUS should have a direct contact option through phone or online chat. use that to make live contact. emailing their support can take weeks for a simple conversation.

it sounds like you keep installing Windows to the USB stick, not the actual laptop's drive.
unless your installation package is corrupted and your system needs the repair files, that's the only reason it would depend on the USB for the files needed to run.

while Windows is running, open Disk Management(right-click Windows taskbar icon) and see what it shows for your laptop's drives. post a screenshot here.

if you have a DVD/Blu-Ray burner, create a new installation media from a freshly downloaded installer package and install from the...
why have you edited out, "reset the BIOS to defaults"? there could very well be a problem with your motherboard and the way it is handling drives or other media or many other issues.

there is no conflict if you are installing correctly to the correct drive.
there is either an issue with your installation or with the disk itself.

try a different installation media.

and contact ASUS directly. see if they will send you a copy of the ASUS OEM Windows install media and/or have them walk you through installing your OS.

Dec 4, 2019
Thank you, i have emailed asus too, i have reset to default the bios too...
If the usb stick with windows is inserted there is no problem, or if i repair start up, work 2-3 restarts ...
then again same problem

if you have registered your laptop, ASUS should have a direct contact option through phone or online chat. use that to make live contact. emailing their support can take weeks for a simple conversation.

it sounds like you keep installing Windows to the USB stick, not the actual laptop's drive.
unless your installation package is corrupted and your system needs the repair files, that's the only reason it would depend on the USB for the files needed to run.

while Windows is running, open Disk Management(right-click Windows taskbar icon) and see what it shows for your laptop's drives. post a screenshot here.

if you have a DVD/Blu-Ray burner, create a new installation media from a freshly downloaded installer package and install from the there. make sure you download the correct install package for your laptop; whether it's 32bit, 64bit, Professional, etc.

Solution