ASUS ROG G752VS Exhaust Panel Removal Help/Problem

Chubano

Commendable
Nov 3, 2016
So i recently bought the ASUS ROG G752VS laptop and it works great. However, when i was removing the rubber stoppers that cover the dust holes when storing the laptop, i count get one of the zip ties out of the exhaust. It's stuck somewhere in there but with a lot of it protruding out, probably caught on something. I've used the laptop for about two weeks playing some taxing games and I have had no problem with overheating (maxes at 68 with BF1). But i'm worried that it'll eventually melt or disrupt something in the laptop (not worried about a fan cause it has an SSD). Please let me know if I can easily take off the panel or if this is a hardware issue needed to be addressed by professionals. Asking you guys cause your definitely better than ASUS support. Thanks!

Solution
They are kinda hard to get out, mine took some hamjigglin to get out but they did come. I used a pair of needle nosed pliers to gentle rotate the lil buggers out, they hooked pretty hard on the red fins on the ports but a twist and a light tug and both came free. I doubt there is much risk of it getting back past the heatsink and into the fan but it's a possibility. Personally I wouldn't leave it like that but that sorta stuff bothers me so it's up to you.

(edit: there are some semi decent teardowns on youtube if you need to go that far, any 752 model will work, doesn't need to be the VS. In addition I think the Asus manual in PDF may show rear panel removal too, I did not look.)
They are kinda hard to get out, mine took some hamjigglin to get out but they did come. I used a pair of needle nosed pliers to gentle rotate the lil buggers out, they hooked pretty hard on the red fins on the ports but a twist and a light tug and both came free. I doubt there is much risk of it getting back past the heatsink and into the fan but it's a possibility. Personally I wouldn't leave it like that but that sorta stuff bothers me so it's up to you.

(edit: there are some semi decent teardowns on youtube if you need to go that far, any 752 model will work, doesn't need to be the VS. In addition I think the Asus manual in PDF may show rear panel removal too, I did not look.)

Solution