[SOLVED] Asus ROG G752VSK Memory Upgrade DDR4 3200 only running at 1600 Mhz

Wick422

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2014
So I have a Asus ROG G752VSK Gaming Laptop and I upgraded the 16GB of DDR4 to 64GB (4x16) Crucial's system told me that it supports DDR4-3200 so I got that and there are other owners out there that have their's running at faster speeds. Unfortunately all the forum posts out there talk about the fact that they installed it just fine but no info on how. Mine is running at 1600 Mhz according to CPU-Z as well as HWINFO64 and ThaiPhoonBurner. Also unfortunate is that the BIOS Firmware doesn't allow me to change timings and Frequencies for memory as it doesn't include the typical AITweaker portion of the BIOS that typically comes with ASUS BIOS software. BIOS is the most recent (305) for my laptop. Any tips on how to change the RAM Speed and timings on this machine would be much appreciated. I can include any screenshots if necessary.

Solution
Is frequency running at 1600 under memory tab in cpuz? Because cpuz and many other diagnostic programs only read true memory clock, not double data rate. If cpuz is reading 1600 then it's all good and ram is running at 3200ddr.

If 1600 was indeed ddr speed then cpuz frequency under memory would be reading 800MHz.

What does Windows read memory speed as in task manager?

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Is frequency running at 1600 under memory tab in cpuz? Because cpuz and many other diagnostic programs only read true memory clock, not double data rate. If cpuz is reading 1600 then it's all good and ram is running at 3200ddr.

If 1600 was indeed ddr speed then cpuz frequency under memory would be reading 800MHz.

Reactions: Wick422
Solution

Wick422

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2014

Task Manager shows 3200Mhz. Perhaps I am simply ignorant as to how memory speeds work. So, why does cpu-z report 1600Mhz? So this is normal for it to read that it's half the speed expected? I suppose that makes sense. Honestly I never really thought about what DDR stood for lol. Learn something new every day i guess. 😀 I guess all is well then. Thanks for the clarity.

Reactions: boju

Wick422

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2014
Haha all good, didn't mean it like that. When people see cpuz reading half the ram speed and start freaking out, it's kinda funny and comforting when they find out there's nothing to worry about.

indeed.gif

Reactions: boju