Question ASUS ROG GL503GE Battery Not Charging but Plugging

Mar 5, 2019
Hi there, recently I've ROG GL503GE for a week. I face a problem, that my laptop can't charge. In battery indicator it says that the charger is plugging but the battery is not charging. I've tried to uninstall and reinstall the battery drivers, shut down the laptop and unplug the charger after that I push the power button for 15 secs. The 15 secs method was working, but it just only working for 10 minutes and after that the problem stumble again. Please help me. Ps: The not charging problem appears when the laptop is under very light usage (no apps opened) and under gaming usage too.
Thanks and regards

Lutfij

Titan
Are you on the latest BIOS update for the laptop? If the battery/power discharging method only lasts for a few minutes, it can be a hardware issue.

Prior to that, post back on what OS you're on and which version of the OS you're on.

Crimsom_247

Reputable
Sep 19, 2016
Advocate that you install the HWiNFO software to get its Smart Battery Status reporting of the main battery Wear Level criteria. I guess that this (£1,000) ASUS ROG Strix GL503GE notebook has a plug in battery that is easily replaced.

Not sure if this notebook's sensor capabilities include reporting that the CMOS battery voltage (VBAT) is too low. CMOS battery design life should be more than 10 years.

You may have to replace both the main and CMOS batteries. A common occurrence with ASUS notebooks' inherent (design) inability to provide reasonable battery life.

Hope this assists your troubleshooting.