Question Asus ROG GTX 1080 card - KEEP or UPGRADE

Jan 15, 2023
This card is about 5 years old or so now. Not sure if this card is going to be able to keep up with the current titles that are coming out.

Just would like to hear what people would think about this... Should I keep it and use it on lower settings or trade up to a newer card that can handle newer games better. If you do think I should trade up, what would everyone recommend without breaking the bank?

Thanks

KyaraM

Admirable
It's still a pretty decent card, can definitely handle 1080p along with some 1440 with reduced graphics settings. I had one that I got from a cousin late last year and enjoyed it, had to sell it though.
Yup, that's why I asked for the rest of the specs. I run a 1070 myself and frankly, my old processor is the far bigger issue, which is why I will upgrade that, the mb, and RAM soon. I even played in 1440p without issues for a while on that card. With few exceptions, those two cards should handle modern games just fine if the CPU isn't limiting it...

It's a decent card that can play pretty much anything but with compromises. It is really a 1080p card though for the latest titles.

In terms of whether you should upgrade, are you unsatisfied with the performance your getting right now? If the answer is no then I would be inclined to wait for a bit for the 40 series prices to drop and get a 4070 or 4080 and keep that for another 5 years.