[SOLVED] Asus ROG GTX1070 High Temp Problem after using Anti Sag Bracket; Does anyone ever experience this?

Nov 30, 2020
Did anyone ever use any anti-sag bracket? I've recently purchased Lian Li Anti-Sag GPU bracket and already assemble it nice and firm. However, my gpu temperature rises to 90 degrees celcius during start-up (no idea why). Then i've decided to remove the bracket since I think that it may have cause the temperature (idk why but i just remove it).

Then magically the temperature becomes a bit normal again, idle at 40 degrees ( usually 30 degrees celcius but ok).

I really have no idea what causes the temperature rises, but whenever I slowly rise and hold the GPU, the temperature drastically increases... anyone experiencing this kind of problem?

My PC Specs are:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: Asus ROG GTX1070 OC
Mobo: Asus B550-F
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GBx2 3600MHz

Solution
Its possible. Maybe when you move the GPU physically, a sensor might be loosing connection. either electrically or to the board itself, causing temp reporting issues, not an actual temp issue. I think manufacture warranty, if you still have it, is the way to go. I would say to use DDU and do a clean install of all your GPU drivers, but the fact that is work flawlessly while sagging means it is a physical issue, not a software issue. Some physical issues can be solved by the end user, but a GPU is more involved to take apart, and trying to fix one is not guaranteed to work, because they are generally not designed with fixing them in mind.
Nov 30, 2020
Were the fans working ok with the bracket? Some Ive seen do catch the gpu fans underneath.
The fans are working just fine. The bracket is Lian-Li anti sag bracket like this:

I've removed the bracket and its functional with a rather higher temperature than before. However, when I manually rise the GPU just like what the bracket did (using my hand), the temperature becomes 90 degrees Celsius again, I have no clue why that happen.

I cannot think of a good reason that pushing the sagging end of the GPU up would cause a massive rise in temperature. The closest I can think of would be that one/multiple fans are being pinched, or somehow otherwise disconnected from their fan controllers inside the GPU. This is not the case if all the fans remain spinning while temps rise. But you have already said the fans are working fine. Make sure they are always working, that they are on and working while the temps are rising, because at 90C the fans should be ramped up to , if not at, maximum speed.

Reactions: kurdtnz
Nov 30, 2020
I cannot think of a good reason that pushing the sagging end of the GPU up would cause a massive rise in temperature. The closest I can think of would be that one/multiple fans are being pinched, or somehow otherwise disconnected from their fan controllers inside the GPU. This is not the case if all the fans remain spinning while temps rise. But you have already said the fans are working fine. Make sure they are always working, that they are on and working while the temps are rising, because at 90C the fans should be ramped up to , if not at, maximum speed.

I think so too, its a bit weird when moving the GPU cause the high temperature rise. Oh and the fans are working just fine, it spins up 100% at 90 degrees but I believe that the real temperature isn't 90 degrees, just a malfunction in the sensors maybe.

I've contacted ASUS about this problem and see what they thought about it, I'm planning to replace the thermal paste today.

Its possible. Maybe when you move the GPU physically, a sensor might be loosing connection. either electrically or to the board itself, causing temp reporting issues, not an actual temp issue. I think manufacture warranty, if you still have it, is the way to go. I would say to use DDU and do a clean install of all your GPU drivers, but the fact that is work flawlessly while sagging means it is a physical issue, not a software issue. Some physical issues can be solved by the end user, but a GPU is more involved to take apart, and trying to fix one is not guaranteed to work, because they are generally not designed with fixing them in mind.

Solution