Question ASUS ROG GU501GM low frame rate in all games after using DDU.

Jan 14, 2021
So I've had this laptop for around 2 years now, up until a few months ago I had a seamless 90 fps in most games at around medium to high settings. However a problem started occurring where my fans would be at the highest setting for a minute or two then return to their lowest causing overheating and frame drops. I tried a few things, opening up my case and cleaning the inside with compressed air, the fans had a bit of dust coated on the fins but I couldn't get that off with the compressed air. The other thing I tried was undervolting my CPU with ThrottleStop which didnt help muich. However once I did a clean restart with DDU the fan issue fixed itself. However now with my fans back to normal every game I play is 20-30 FPS.

Jan 14, 2021
reinstall the gpu driver from asus
So I fixed the frame issue by reinstalling Geforce Experience. However my laptop's fans still slow down when playing a game for more then a few minutes causing my temperatures to rise and the frames to tank. I'm also still relatively new to all this so im not quite sure which driver download to use when installing the GPU driver.