Review Asus ROG Harpe Ace Aim Lab Edition Review: Super Light

RichardtST

Notable
May 17, 2022
I don't want light. I want big and heavy. I want a mouse that will be comfortable for my big hands and long fingers. I want a mouse that has a slight ledge and sandpaper textures on both sides so I don't have to squeeze it with a death grip with my pinky just to pick it up. It should lift effortlessly with the ledges taking the weight. It's so easy to design. Why don't they make a decent mouse? I swear all the designers are asian women with teeny tiny hands and can't be bothered with a mouse that weighs more than a couple grams. Give me big and hefty with proper side grips!!!

Findecanor

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2015
BTW, remember when people though that you needed lots of holes in the shell of a mouse to make it light, and that you couldn't make one that is both light and wireless?

Now practically every gaming brand has a light gaming mouse that is wireless and has a solid shell ...

Friesiansam

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2015
I don't want light. I want big and heavy. I want a mouse that will be comfortable for my big hands and long fingers. I want a mouse that has a slight ledge and sandpaper textures on both sides so I don't have to squeeze it with a death grip with my pinky just to pick it up. It should lift effortlessly with the ledges taking the weight. It's so easy to design. Why don't they make a decent mouse? I swear all the designers are asian women with teeny tiny hands and can't be bothered with a mouse that weighs more than a couple grams. Give me big and hefty with proper side grips!!!
I have big hands too. My Evoluent vertical wireless mouse weighs over 150gms, which is great.

Jeremy Smith

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2016

I agree 100%!! My hand completely engulfs most mice and my pinky is constantly dragging on the pad. A pinky ledge would be amazing!! So many of these mice are so light a muscle twitch sends you across the monitor.

Reactions: Friesiansam

MoxNix

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2014
I have big hands too. I want a big mouse too but I find I like lightweight too. This mouse sounds like the closest there is to what I want though it's still not as big as I'd like. I want a light weight mouse that's either shaped like this but close to 6 inches long or one that's at least 5 inches long with a huge high hump at the back. Something I can actually rest my palm on without having my fingers sticking out an inch past the front of the mouse.

And yeah I hate how my pinky drags on the mouse mat too! The only mouse that didn't happen with was an old Mad Katz Rat mouse that was very wide and had both pinky and thumb wings.

Last edited:

MoxNix

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2014
I have big hands too. I want a big mouse too but I find I like lightweight too. This mouse sounds like the closest there is to what I want though it's still not as big as I'd like. I want a light weight mouse that's either shaped like this but close to 6 inches long or one that's at least 5 inches long with a huge high hump at the back. Something I can actually rest my palm on without having my fingers sticking out an inch past the front of the mouse.

And yeah I hate how my pinky always drags on the mouse mat too! The only mouse that didn't happen with was an old Mad Katz Rat mouse I had 10 years ago that was very wide (supremely adjustable shape too) and had wings under both pinky and thumb. That mouse would've been really nice for me if the sensor wasn't so flaky.