Asus ROG Introduces Crosshair VI Extreme AM4 Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

fonzy

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2005
Not sure why people would spend more on the motherboard then on the CPU, IMO people are buying AMD Ryzen for price to performance. ITX?

Glock24

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2014
To each it's own... I'll wait for the mini-ITX motherboards from Gigabyte or Asus. I don't use SLI/Crossfire, don't need lots of pci-e slots, and certainly don't want a giant case to hold an E-ATX board. I prefer my systems small.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
Not really. Buying Ryzen because its a workstation chip good for certain workloads like Gaming and Streaming, or entry level 3D CAD that you also want to game on.

somebodyspecial

Honorable
Sep 20, 2012
I would have laughed at $250. $350 and I'm speechless. :) Lose the AC, LED's etc, maybe I'd want it. It's a shame boards come with all this crap today that 95% of us have zero intention of using, but still we're forced to pay or buy some absolutely bottom end product. The second they add some cool stuff I want/need, they automatically add all the crap I have no intention of using. Kind of how cable tv used to charge me for a few dozen SPANISH cable channels in USA when nobody in this house speaks spanish (Until all our houses cut the cord that is...LOL).

Still waiting for my fully loaded NON-SLI/Crossfire board to come out.

Rob1C

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2016
Want cheap and tiny with a bit of Extreme: https://www.asus.com/ca-en/Motherboards/PRIME-B350M-A-CSM/ - a microATX won't hold near as much goodies as an EATX.

JimmiG

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2008
A bit overkill for X370 since you still have a limited number of PCI-E lanes and only dual-channel RAM. Wait for Threadripper, and you can probably find a $350 X399 mobo which gives you 64 PCI-E lanes and quad channel memory.

Thank you, Ahh-seus!
It's good to see OEMs stepping up with high-end mobos supporting desktop Zen. This looks to be a 'throw-back' (10+ years?) to the old 790FX AM2/AM2+ boards ◄ a good many of which are still chugging along.

The only thing missing is the 2X GLAN and 2X eSATA. Are you saving that for the TR4s ?? (hint-hint) ...

Status
Not open for further replies.