[SOLVED] Asus ROG lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

falcon291

Honorable
Jul 17, 2019
Hi,

I have ROG Strix Z390-F. It is not related but also 9700K.

I also have a Thermaltake View 37 Motherboard Sync ARGB E-ATX Mid Tower Gaming Computer Case.
The case has an addressable connector for leds, so I can connect its fans to mainboard, and I can set CPU fan LEDS, mainboards LED, and case LEDs together, and it runs smoothly, but only when it runs…

Time to time, it gets rogue, so case does not get the information from the mainboard, CPU and mainboard leds then would show the latest color, but case simply shows rainbow, and this is what I hate, when it is the situation as Asus Armory Crate then shows that it cannot find any compatible device. After a restart it would be OK. Or if I start Armory Crate and just wait, it sometimes works.

The computer otherwise works fine, it is really not a serious problem. But do you have a related problem? Do you have a solution?

By the way BIOS is the latest version, so Armory Crate.

I am not a fan of this RGB thing, but if it is there, it should work.

Thanks in advance,

I am having problems with Aura Sync rainbows on my Asus Rog Strix x470-f Gaming MoBo too !!! I installed Corsair RGB RAM which is meant to be compatible with Aura sync and installed the software and followed all the steps and guess what... 'effin Mobo Rainbows LOL!!!! Aura sync is really tempremental with anything that is not Asus, needs the newest Bios etc etc.... pretty poor software considering the brand it comes from in my opinion.

There a quite a few Youtube videos on how to fix Aura issues but be prepared to get CC cleaner for the registry, and a load of time and patience. There seem to be so many different issues that until you find the fix that works for you may take sometime. I found what I THINK I need to solve my problem but need peace and quiet to implement (wife and kids go to bed).

Reactions: DMAN999

DMAN999

Dignified
Ambassador
I have an Asus ROG Strix B450-F / 2600 rig and an Asus ROG Strix X470-F / 3700x rig and I had to use Asus Aura Version 1.06.17 for Aura to properly recognize and control my RGB Strips and TridentZ RAM.

I tried upgrading to Armory Crate and to 3 or 4 newer versions of Aura BUT none of them worked properly for me.
I have quite a few versions of Aura here:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ntpTiu_1yGN99DxS9xufe078k8j0-1sY

I suggest that you uninstall Armory Crate then run CC cleaner (to clean the Registry) and install Aura Version 1.06.17 and see if that works for you.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1RFu9V-gfZE111BgiRKWHu02s6DQrH-FH

If it doesn't you will need to uninstall it using Revo Uninstaller and then try a different version and rinse and repeat until you find one that works with all your components.

Reactions: Schlachtwolf
Cheers DMANN999,

I installed Version 1.06.17 and BOOOM after 3 days of tearing my hair out it has installed AURA. I does not recognise the Corsair RAM being an older version but I will explore the plugin options available. RGB is not the be-all and end-all but when something is not right it does my head in.

You have no idea how you made my day !!!

Cheers

Schlachtwolf

DMAN999

Dignified
Ambassador
Cheers DMANN999,

I installed Version 1.06.17 and BOOOM after 3 days of tearing my hair out it has installed AURA. I does not recognise the Corsair RAM being an older version but I will explore the plugin options available. RGB is not the be-all and end-all but when something is not right it does my head in.

You have no idea how you made my day !!!

Cheers

Schlachtwolf
I'm glad I was able to help. :D

Hi,

I have ROG Strix Z390-F. It is not related but also 9700K.

I also have a Thermaltake View 37 Motherboard Sync ARGB E-ATX Mid Tower Gaming Computer Case.
The case has an addressable connector for leds, so I can connect its fans to mainboard, and I can set CPU fan LEDS, mainboards LED, and case LEDs together, and it runs smoothly, but only when it runs…

Time to time, it gets rogue, so case does not get the information from the mainboard, CPU and mainboard leds then would show the latest color, but case simply shows rainbow, and this is what I hate, when it is the situation as Asus Armory Crate then shows that it cannot find any compatible device. After a restart it would be OK. Or if I start Armory Crate and just wait, it sometimes works.

The computer otherwise works fine, it is really not a serious problem. But do you have a related problem? Do you have a solution?

By the way BIOS is the latest version, so Armory Crate.

I am not a fan of this RGB thing, but if it is there, it should work.

Thanks in advance,
Well it's good that you can get your motherboard to work with the fans in your case. I have the same case with an ASUS Prime X570 Pro motherboard. Armoury Crate runs and shows the Addressable Header in the Sync Devices. I have the cable from the ARGB connector on the motherboard connected to the controller in the case. I switched the controller to motherboard mode, the fans flash 3 times like it's supposed too, then only the fan connected to FAN1 on the controller partially works. Only about 1/3 of the LEDs light and are obviously synced (right color and effect) with Aura. I found someone else on ThermalTake's support forum with the exact same issue.

Well I finally got a response from ThermalTake and they are sending me a new controller and cable. Hoping that will fix the issue, but I'll reserve judgement. Another forum user on TT Forums received a new controller but the issue remained.

So I got it working. I put it at the following thread at TT's forum:

Fix to ARGB Controller

Essentially you remove U1 on the controller. Nothing else has to be done as far as modifying the board. Then go into the Number or LEDs field in Addressable Header and set it to 27 (will default to 120 after mod) and viola.

P.S. I'm Tech Geek there.

falcon291

Honorable
Jul 17, 2019
For my case, after several months, and several versions of Asus Armory Crate, it is now working fine and stable.

The problem was with the software, and it is corrected.

Status
Not open for further replies.