Question Asus rog maximus Hero Xi (WIFI) version A2 error

May 24, 2022
Hello guys,

So i have huge issue with my pc and its driving me crazy.

After normal night of gaming turned off PC, and went to bed. Next day after booting, blank screen and MBO showing A2 error.
Hardware:

CPU Intel i9 9940x
GPU Asus TUF Gaming GeForce RTX™ 3080 Ti OC LHR
MBO Asus ROG Maximus hero VII
RAM Corsair Vengeance 4x 8GB
SSD 1 Intel 535 1TB
SSD 2 Samsung EVO 1TB
M.2 Kingstone 960GB
HDD 1 500 GB
HDD 2 4TB
HDD 3 8TB
Custom water cooling by Aquatuning
PSU Corsair HX Series 80Plus Platinum 1200W

Pc is stuck when trying to boot and doesnt show any picture. I tried reassembling it, cleaning, same issue. Then i remembered HDMI port on MBO. IF i unplug all cables and use it my system boots up perfectly.
Now the issue is that when i enter bios my GFX card is not showing up. Thought its gone even if its pretty new. I bought new one thinking gfx is problem and sent old one on warranty. Today new GPU arrives, Palit 3090 and same issue, A2 Error on MBO when trying to boot. Plugged back in the MBO hdmi to use onboard gfx and it works.
Tried flashing bios, doesnt help. Took out battery for longer portion of day while i was on work, placed back when i came back and same thing.
I have tried switching GPU to another PCIe slots and same issue.
Is it not detected in bios because of using onboard gfx or?

So please HELP me because im going crazy here. Idk what to try next

May 24, 2022
How do I fix my ASUS A2 error?

You will receive an A2 error if you do not have any drive connected. If you can, test the drives in another system and check all cabling and SATA connections are correct and functional. Test first the drive containing your OS and leave the other drives out of the loop for now.

ASUS Support

Things i tried

-flashing CMOS
-updating bios
-unplugging all drives except OS one
-Reassembling PC
-Replacing cables for power supply
-replaced drive cables
- replaced GPU
-replaced battery on MBO
-tried 1/2/3 PCIe slots

In all combinations i have same results. If my 3080TI or 3090 are plugged in, i get A2 error and no picture. If i remove GFX card and use onboard one, PC boots perfectly like nothing happened.

A2 is congfusing me as well. as its pointed to drive issue. I have no more ideas what to try

May 24, 2022
How do I fix my ASUS A2 error?

You will receive an A2 error if you do not have any drive connected. If you can, test the drives in another system and check all cabling and SATA connections are correct and functional. Test first the drive containing your OS and leave the other drives out of the loop for now.

ASUS Support
i have tried it. even fresh win instal/

If i unplug GPU, A2 error goes away

TRENDING THREADS