Asus ROG Maximus Ranger VII Q-code A2/99

dictatorharuhi

Prominent
Jan 11, 2018
I recently moved, and broke my PC down into parts for the move. All items except the motherboard were kept in separate antistatic bags, and all were moved by me personally to ensure they stayed safe.

I'm setting up my desktop again now that I'm in my new town, but am having issues with Q-codes from my motherboard.

I'm getting stuck on A2 when I start my system up, I've ruled out RAM being an issue by testing 6 previously working sticks, CPU was working fine before moving and put back into the original packaging, PSU seems to be working fine and the GPUs both seem to be fine.

If I unplug my SSD, I also get stuck, but on error-code 99.

Specs:

i7 4790k
2x GTX 780
Usually have a HyperX ram kit installed, but currently using a G.skill Sniper stick which was verified in my friend's PC who has the same mobo and CPU
Seasonic Platinum 1200
Asus ROG Ranger VII

I've already reseated everything, checked for bent CPU pins, ruled out as many components as possible and powered on without the CMOS battery to reset the BIOS

Download the latest version from http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1150/MAXIMUS-VII-RANGER/MAXIMUS-VII-RANGER-ASUS-3003.zip?_ga=2.84408030.639477217.1515610860-30258836.1515610860
Unzip and rename the MAXIMUS-VII-RANGER-ASUS-3003.CAP to M7R.CAP
Save the renamed file on a FAT 32 formatted USB drive.
Connect the USB to the designated port on the motherboard (check the board's manual for correctly identifying it).
Don't start the board. The power supply has to be connected to the board and on.
Press the Flashback button for 3 seconds. Wait until completed.

dictatorharuhi

Prominent
Jan 11, 2018
Tried this just now, no luck and no changes. Thanks though, eliminates something I guess

dictatorharuhi

Prominent
Jan 11, 2018

I recall it was the q-code for no RAM but I can't check it. I removed the CMOS battery for about 2 hours, leaving the PC unplugged and the PSU turned off, and now I can't power on the system. All of the LEDs on the motherboard are working, and so are the case LEDs, but can't even get it to turn on by shorting the power button pins.

dictatorharuhi

Prominent
Jan 11, 2018

Immediately jumps to qcode FE with only my CPU and cooler installed

Cpu cooler fams spinning.

dictatorharuhi

Prominent
Jan 11, 2018
Managed to make some progress, but also hit another wall. Managed to get it to pass POST and boot into an OS, but it was bluescreening, so I reinstalled. Got as far as the first step of setup, but am getting a mix WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR bluescreens and Qccode 55 depending on my RAM configuration. I've tried 6 sticks in all 4 DIMM slots, and can't make any more progress from there.

I tried what you suggested above, and there was no change that I could notice. Was kinda difficult seeing as my watercooler has kinda become a permanent feature of my case due to some irritating screws :p