Asus ROG MB and Fan Xpert 4 with Corsair H100i v2 and Link ~

Jun 20, 2018
I know there are many forum posts on this webpage and corsair's forum, but as a newb to pc building, I'm extremely confused and lost as to what is optimum and how to achieve it.
I recently purchased an asus ROG MB and am extremely happy with it. The Aura program is awesome (i set it to match the CPU temp), and the Fan Xpert 4 seems legit. I can finally play cpu intensive games like Total War: Warhammer!

Meanwhile my corsair H100i v2 cooler has been working well up to my new cpu purchase, so why buy a new one specific to the motherboard? I am not made of cash, unfortunately.

So here is my question: How do I disable the Fan Xpert program from managing my cooler?
If every forum thread is correct, the corsair link works the best with operating the cpu cooler. But Corsair Link profiles manage ALL fans and cooling.
Ausus Fan Xpert 4 works best with operating all non-liquid cooler fans. But Ausus Fan Xpert 4 manages ALL fans and cooling.
So the optimum setting would be for Corsair Link to control the cooler only, and the Fan Xpert to control the fans. Yes?

Can someone please spell out the steps I need to take to make my pc work best for 1) gaming for long periods of time, and 2) everyday MS Office type work (non power intensive/loud)?

Again I'm really looking for a step by step guide on what I need to do with my current hardware. Buying new hardware is currently not an option.

Ok, so I have an H110i GT and maybe I can help out with a few things... first off, yes you should use corsair link to control the WC fans, and afaik, corsair link only manages the WC fans, and that if they're connected to WC block's flat cable, wich is a Y cable powering both fans, no? corsair link, at least to me, only READS the rpm and temps on other case fans and hardware, it can even read the graphics card temp and fan RPM, though for me those cannot be changed with corsair link.

So, asus fan xpert, im not familiar with this program, regardless, I dont even think you need it, it probably just control any fan that is connected to CPU_PWM or SYSTEM_PWM fans, in other words, fans connected to the motherboard directly, wich is not the case of you WC fans.

So... I suppose you can just really plug in all the fans you on your mobo, then install your watercooler, plug in the radiator fans on the wc block Y cable, and just manage them on corsair link. The system fans should actually run at their top speeds by default (you probably can even manage that on your bios). Now using corsair link, you can manage the noisy radiator fans RPM as you please, under 1200RPM is a quiet operation, up to 1700 is not loud but you can hear them spinning, 2000+ and you'll hear the fans blasting. For gaming, you really need to watch your temps to determine your best RPM/Range, for the everyday browsing and office use... you can really use the quiet mode it wont matter at all and it will run silently.

quite of a long answer but i hope it helps a little..