Asus ROG Mothership is a Massive Gaming Detachable

Anthony3117

Prominent
Jan 24, 2018
i really hope they make lower tiers of this. i really want one but only if it had a 1060 or something lower spec

SteveRNG

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2015
Is that a typo? 3 SSDs in Raid 0? I mean, it's possible, but I don't see many people wanting that much speed with no fault tolerance. Of course, most people will never pay this much so...

engineer5261

Reputable
Apr 26, 2016
I'm not so sure where this fits in terms of market need. It's probably going to be quite expensive so a lot of people will rather go with custom m-itx builds for lan parties. Doesn't seem portable enough to take along on flights.

There is a lack of benefits to RAID 0 with SSDs. Some might even perform worse (mainly NVMe SSDs) in RAID 0 than alone.

RAID is really now only beneficial for servers and SANS/NAS. And only in redundant configurations like 5/6 etc.

There is a lack of benefits to RAID 0 with SSDs. Some might even perform worse (mainly NVMe SSDs) in RAID 0 than alone.

RAID is really now only beneficial for servers and SANS/NAS. And only in redundant configurations like 5/6 etc.

3.5" SATA III SSD are still constrained by the 6Gbps SATA III bus. If your motherboard supports hardware raid 0 on two separate SATA channels, there is small improvement to be had. This is especially true with large TLC and QLC writes when SLC cache runs out. 40->80MB/s is a lot better than 20->40MB/s