Question Asus ROG network wifi card question.

Jul 29, 2023
Good day everyone,

Asus ROG Laptop
Model: G751JT-CH71
Serial : F5N0WU10793522G

My current network card is bad and since I have to replace it I am looking to see if I can upgrade it.

Currently I believe it uses T77H053.00 LF. (Not 100% sure without opening it up). Am I able to upgrade this card? I’ve read that people have issues with their laptop recognizing different cards or finding the proper software for it. Looking for advice.

Thanks for your time.

Paul

Last edited:
Where did you get that part number for the wifi card.

There generally are 2 types of wifi cards used in most laptops. The newer ones use m.2 cards...they have a single screw in the middle. The somewhat older ones use half size pcie cards. They have 2 screws on the top.

The part number you list seems to be neither of those but it is hard to say for sure. Photos come back as a full size mini pcie cards which is not very common.

It is extremely confusing because if you search for your laptop you get photos that show m.2 in some and half size pcie in others.
This might just be the many scam web sites that are lazy and show photos/video from a generic asus laptop and put a bunch of part numbers on it to get clicks. It could also be asus reuses the same model number for multiple laptops.

I would take it apart and see if you can tell what kind of card it really has.

You seldom see bios locked parts now days. You might see them on dell or hp computers sold to business where it is important that all machines are identical. Asus I think only sells to end users....especially their ROG lines which are gaming devices.

What this means as long as you can get a part that physically will fit in the slot it will likely work. You should be able to load drivers and it will work. The only concern would be if you are running say windows 7 since some newer cards only work in windows 10 or higher.

From the little I have seen on that laptop it looks like lots of disassmbly to replace the wifi card. Mine has a little door on the back you take one screw out to access. You might consider using a USB device instead. You want to avoid those very tiny devices. The physically larger device have larger antenna and tend to have stronger radios

Good day everyone,

Asus ROG Laptop
Model: G751JT-CH71
Serial : F5N0WU10793522G

My current network card is bad and since I have to replace it I am looking to see if I can upgrade it.

Currently I believe it uses T77H053.00 LF. (Not 100% sure without opening it up). Am I able to upgrade this card? I’ve read that people have issues with their laptop recognizing different cards or finding the proper software for it. Looking for advice.

Thanks for your time.

Paul
Both, the Intel Wireless AC 9260 and AX210 works on the G751 laptops.

Jul 29, 2023
Where did you get that part number for the wifi card.

There generally are 2 types of wifi cards used in most laptops. The newer ones use m.2 cards...they have a single screw in the middle. The somewhat older ones use half size pcie cards. They have 2 screws on the top.

The part number you list seems to be neither of those but it is hard to say for sure. Photos come back as a full size mini pcie cards which is not very common.

It is extremely confusing because if you search for your laptop you get photos that show m.2 in some and half size pcie in others.
This might just be the many scam web sites that are lazy and show photos/video from a generic asus laptop and put a bunch of part numbers on it to get clicks. It could also be asus reuses the same model number for multiple laptops.

I would take it apart and see if you can tell what kind of card it really has.

You seldom see bios locked parts now days. You might see them on dell or hp computers sold to business where it is important that all machines are identical. Asus I think only sells to end users....especially their ROG lines which are gaming devices.

What this means as long as you can get a part that physically will fit in the slot it will likely work. You should be able to load drivers and it will work. The only concern would be if you are running say windows 7 since some newer cards only work in windows 10 or higher.

From the little I have seen on that laptop it looks like lots of disassmbly to replace the wifi card. Mine has a little door on the back you take one screw out to access. You might consider using a USB device instead. You want to avoid those very tiny devices. The physically larger device have larger antenna and tend to have stronger radios
Good morning bill001g,

Thank you for the reply! I will contact asus technical support and have them tell me what my laptop has in it. I figured that is my safest option so I don’t have to tear it apart multiple times.

The issues I have been having are getting more frequent. It started out as a periodic wifi disconnect and eventually disconnecting almost every couple minutes. I would end up having to run the troubleshooter for it to reset the wifi adapter in order to reconnect. I’ve tried all the fixes I could find on the internet to “fix your wifi” and nothing seemed to work so I came to the conclusion that my adapter is no longer functioning properly. I am a little upset that my processor is not compatible with windows 11 so I am stuck with windows 10 for the remainder. I will reach out to Asus this morning and will update with whatever I formation I can get from them.

Thank you for your time.

Paul

TRENDING THREADS