Question Asus Rog PG279? Randomly Shut off in game.

Spartagus423

Reputable
Nov 29, 2019
I am new to building a PC... here is my PC Parts picker

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Spartagus423/saved/#view=cd6TCJ

I built my Pc the other day and I decided to buy this New Monitor to upgrade.

When I first plugged in my HDMI to my TV and Display port to my monitor through the 2080 Ti it is working fine but then I just shut off my monitor and feel asleep and then I turned on my Monitor and all my my apps and Windows were closed as if the computer reset. I played all day and night no issues and then fell asleep and the next morning I turned on monitor and sure enough it happened again.

So today I went into Monitor settings and turned off DisplayPort Deep Sleep which is what I thought was doing it. I also shut off the HDMI Deep sleep as well.

So I was playing Path of Exile and then the display just shut off but my computer stayed on fine. It sounded like the computer fans were spinning up for a second then stopped.

Not sure how to fix this. I updated my Nvidia Drivers for my 2080Ti and I am running speedfan and in game my GPU is saying it is running at 55C

Lutfij

Titan
Are you certain that the monitor is what's causing the system to seemingly reboot? If so, you might want to rule out the advent of a game or any form of taxation that might be causing the reboot. You should also keep an eye on temps to see if you're seeing a thermal shutdown.

It might also be a good idea to borrow a PSU from a friend or neighbor who owns a reliably built PSU with 650W of power at it's disposal. Often times EVGA PSU's do end up being hit's or misses.

Make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for the motherboard. Use DDU to uninstall your drivers and reinstall the latest found off of Nvidia's support site.

Spartagus423

Reputable
Nov 29, 2019
I did enabled G-sync recently but not sure how to check temp? I am new to building a PC and just trying to setup this monitor and computer to make it work the best possible. I kept everything pretty stock because I didn't want to mess with anything. I am using my Old TV with HDMI to my 2080ti as my second monitor and using DisplayPort from 2080Ti to Monitor. I am not sure if enabling gsync causes it. I just want to make sure I don't blow my system up because I feel like it is good I just want to make sure I don't have random resets or crashes..It doesn't seem like computer is resetting just feels like I went to sleep with DisplayPort Deep Sleep Off and HDMI Sleep off and came to my computer and my stuff was still there.

Speedfan is stating.

GPU 53C
HD0 40c
HD1 37C
Temp1 28C
Core0 21C
Core1 19C

I have an EVGA 850W PSU. I am not on the latest BIOS update because I was told to not update because it potential cause my board to brick. If it turned on they told me to leave BIOS Alone.

I just hated how when I turned my monitor on in the morning all my stuff got shut down. Last night I turned on DisplayPort Deep Sleep and HDMI Deep Sleep off woke up this morning turned my monitor on and my stuff was still there

Last edited: