Question Asus Rog PG35VQ cause eye pain.

CrazySajan

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2014
I upgraded from Asus ROG PG348 to Asus PG35vq. I remember that when I started using PG348 my eyes were hurting after few minutes. Blue light filter was set on level 3. The solution for that pain was to decrease brightness level to 44. Now same thing is happening with PG35vq. I also set Blue light fillet to 3, however I decreased brightness level to 13 already, however some discomfort is still there.
I am using this monitor in SDR mode now.
Settings in windows:
- Refresh rate is sett for 180 Mhz
-Desktop color depth - 32 bit
-Output color - 8 bpc
-output color format - rgb
-output dynamic range - full
SETTINGS IN MONITOR:
-RACING MODE
-BRIGHTNESS - 13
-CONTRAST - 50
-GAMMA - 2.2

That problem occurs while I am working ( word, online browsers, etc...). Did not have too much time to play. Any recommendations which settings I can adjust to get rid of the eyes pain?
Also I kept the other monitor and I am using both of them at the same time, and my old one PG348 (same settings for the last 3 years) appears to be way brighter. Any ideas?

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Work on a couple of other computers with other monitors and settings.

Watch a few things on other TVs.

If the eye pains continue or if any discomfort persists then see a doctor.

Adjusting the current brightness and other settings etc. may only mask a potential medical/eye problem.

I am not a doctor and this is not medical advice.

CrazySajan

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2014
Work on a couple of other computers with other monitors and settings.

Watch a few things on other TVs.

If the eye pains continue or if any discomfort persists then see a doctor.

Adjusting the current brightness and other settings etc. may only mask a potential medical/eye problem.

I am not a doctor and this is not medical advice.
Everything is fine while I am using my laptop, cell phone or OLED TV. Same thing was happening when I started to use previous Asus ROG PG348. Back than reducing brightness helped. Now while it is set to 17 or pg35 compared to 44 on pg348 it seems kind of dark. I don't think my eyes are the problem. Looks like some of the setting cause it and I was wondering if anybody have any idea which settings put most stress on eyes or if anybody had similar experience.