[SOLVED] Asus Rog Plantium Addtion Not getting full sound on two speakers

Solution
Well, for starters, you have your Default Format set way too high. Normally it would be set for 48000Hz 16bit. Also looking at the specs for your TV it says your speaker output is 2 speakers, which means your surround sound is simulated by the circuitry inside the TV. That may be why some computer programs see it as only a 2 channel device. (I have a similar setup on mine). You probably have to go through your TV's sound settings and make sure the simulated surround function is turned on for whatever hdmi input you're using.
Not sure what you mean when you say "run the test and all the speakers work". Do you mean that you click on a 5.1 speaker icon in the Realtek Audio Console and you hear a 6 different sounds from your LG TV monitor? If so, then there would most likely be a configuration problem where your games don't recognize that you have 5.1 available. Let's start with the basics: if you open the Control Panel Sound app, what settings does it show for output? If you run a speaker test from there, how many sounds do you hear? When you say LG TV monitor, is that shown as the default output device? Does the monitor play 5.1 sounds from other sources on your computer, e.g. playing back 5.1 from Netflix or some other 5.1 source? What do your games output settings show as available sound outputs? What LG TV model are you using? Does it have a real 5.1 speaker system or is it just simulated 5.1 from 2 speakers? More equipment specs are needed.

scottyb1970

Reputable
Nov 25, 2016
It's LG 28LM400B. I did the test on the RealTek Audio Console when I press the play button I hear all speakers play. When I play Youtube and the games I only hear the LFT and Right Speakers. I don't know if the TV is conflicting. My brother had the same problem and he just got his working , but I still can't get mine.

Well, for starters, you have your Default Format set way too high. Normally it would be set for 48000Hz 16bit. Also looking at the specs for your TV it says your speaker output is 2 speakers, which means your surround sound is simulated by the circuitry inside the TV. That may be why some computer programs see it as only a 2 channel device. (I have a similar setup on mine). You probably have to go through your TV's sound settings and make sure the simulated surround function is turned on for whatever hdmi input you're using.

Solution