Asus ROG Poseidon GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Platinum Edition Review

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FormatC

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2011
My dilemma is a chain of causation:

The card is sucking electrical energy (first time)
The card is transforming this into heat (and nice pictures)
The air-con is sucking electrical energy (second time) to keep the room temp constant
The air-con is also producing heat (and nice noise)

But: all this wasted energy was blowen into environment to kill all this cute icebears and penguins. :p

mapesdhs

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2007

You forgot plasmas, BECs, etc. Sorry, couldn't resist... ;D

That makes no sense, it's saying someone who has verifiable skilled knowledge must know less than someone who has no training at all. This is the ultimate extension of SJW influence in US education - get a bit of paper to confirm one is dumber upon leaving than when starting. Maybe it's true of modern social studies courses. :D I hardly doubt it's true of traditional engineering from decades past.

Good! I hate penguins, they smell, and those bears are just northern white supremacists hell bent on glacial domination. ;D

On a serious note, I don't think the performance comparisons are that useful without comparing to other 3rd party cards. Indeed, one can easily find out the general performance level of the 1080 Ti from launch reviews, so surely it would have been more useful here to compare only to other AIB 1080 Ti models?

Ian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS