Question ASUS ROG RAMPAGE VI EXTREME - suitable for i9-10980XE and xmp profile?

antr1x

Reputable
Sep 16, 2019
Hi all! I need your advice - is 12 pin (8 pin + 4 pin) cpu power is enough for a permanent operation of the i9-10980xe cpu in turbo mode/xmp profile? The fact is that i need a motherboard with 4-way sli, and this is only ASUS ROG RAMPAGE VI EXTREME (NOT OMEGA) which have only 8+4 pin for cpu power.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Hi all! I need your advice - is 12 pin (8 pin + 4 pin) cpu power is enough for a permanent operation of the i9-10980xe cpu in turbo mode/xmp profile?

Why wouldn't it be?

At 'stock' (Turbo enabled, XMP on), you're looking at a power draw from the CPU alone of comfortably <300W.
An 8pin EPS is spec'd for 235W, and a supplemental 4pin can do another 155W - so the power capability of that board (on EPS connectors alone, excluding VRM considerations etc) is 390W.

The fact is that i need a motherboard with 4-way sli

Actual SLI? >2-Way isn't officially supported anymore, is it?
If you're using Tesla's etc, then the requirements for 4-way NVLink isn't as specific, and four available x4 slots should be plenty adequate.

antr1x

Reputable
Sep 16, 2019
At 'stock' (Turbo enabled, XMP on), you're looking at a power draw from the CPU alone of comfortably <300W.
An 8pin EPS is spec'd for 235W, and a supplemental 4pin can do another 155W - so the power capability of that board (on EPS connectors alone, excluding VRM considerations etc) is 390W.

Oh, thank you.

Actual SLI? >2-Way isn't officially supported anymore, is it?
If you're using Tesla's etc, then the requirements for 4-way NVLink isn't as specific, and four available x4 slots should be plenty adequate.

Well, i have two ROG 2080 Ti MATRIX, which are is pretty fat and can't be placed in 3-way slot (zero space between them and upper gpu can't get airflow).