Question asus rog stix rtx 3080 crashes

Sep 10, 2022
Hi,

I built a new PC last week and had chance to try it out in games this weekend. My first two game to try was rdr2 and cyberpunk 2077. It crashed in both games after approx. 30 mins gameplay everytime.

I updated all the drivers, try DDU in safe mode. Also tried studio driver as well.

So first I tried to troubleshoot that 2 games but nothing worked. Then tried to benchmark my gpu with unigine heaven, superposition, furmark, 3dmark time spy and 3dmark port royal. All the tests run smoothly approx. 60 centigrates with satisfying results, but Port Royal Crashed on 13th pass in all my trials.

My gpu is on stock settings right now which is 1905 mhz, 100% power usage. I also tried to undervolt and underclock the card but issue persisted.

My specs;
-i7 12700k
-asus prime z690-a DDR5
-2x GSKILL trident z5 16gb 6000 mhz cl36
-Corsair rm850 psu

I used two pcie cables from psu, but one of them used as 16pin as long as my card have 24 pin in total.

As a conclusion, my thermals etc seems fine (55° on cpu stress, 65° on gpu stress). I updated my bios aswell. Run the memtest86 free version in 4 passes for my RAMs, also no problem there.

So I have one idea about this issue, it has to be a gpu problem from factory or psu problem. Yet I'm not sure if my deduction is logical.

Any idea what's the problem and how to fix it? Or is it healthier to return the card?

Sep 10, 2022
I thought the same but my concern is maybe it's about psu or rams, I was unable to diagnose which part is causing crashes. Because it does not crash in a specific time, it crashes after a while when game running smoothly until the crash and I'm monitoring the stats in second screen, there is no unusual stat.