Question Asus Rog Stix X470 F Gaming Bios Update Adventure

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Specs
R5 2600x
Asus Rog Strix x470 f gaming
Unfortunately 5204 bios
And yes chipset drivers updated fisrt.
Which may have started my issue.
G.Skill Flare X 3200mhz 2x8 16gb on Qvl
Was running fine NO ERRORS on ryzen dram calculator 3400 fast.
Corsair h110i with stock fans replaced with 2x140mm Noctua 110cfm 3000rpm version in exhaust position in a
Thermaltake F31 Suppressor case.
970 evo plus 500gb m.2 Os drive win 10 home 1903
Crucial mx500 m.2 500gb in sata mode 2nd m.2 slot runs as sata on this mobo when both are populated plus the drive itself.
Samsung 860 evo 250gb ssd
2 x pny cs1311 120gb ssd's
Seagate 3tb hdd
Zotac gtx 1070 ti 8gb
Currently a Corsair cx650m 80+bronze psu which has been in since before upgrading in Oct 19 to ryzen from fx8350.
I have a Corsair cx750m and just haven't had a chance to put it in yet.

So specs out of the way.
I started having problems with Ghost Recon Wildlands crashing to desktop and was trying to get it figued out using memtest86, windows mem diagnostic,
P95, finding nothing out of the ordinary, so uninstalling the game and reinstall on a different drive still didn't fix it. Also hit the ubisoft ghost info pages everything i tried didn't help.
So decided to update the bios and thats where it all went down hill fast.
So ever since the bios and or chipset drivers update I have had a very hard time getting my g.skill past 3200mhz where it was running 3400 fast with ryzen dram calculator.
It took mem training and 1.42v to 1.44v to even boot even though it throughs errors so I have it set at 3200 fast no errors.
I was getting a cinnabench score of 1440 - 1462
Now with xfr, pbo level 2 scaler x10 and +200mhz set I only get a 1350 - 1377 max.
It doesn't clock up as high as it did on the 4602 bios. And if I could flashback to 4602 I would in a heartbeat but I don't want to take the chance of bricking the mobo as the only asus am4 x470 mobo's with bios flashback are the rog crosshair's

So in the mean time I have been experimenting with bios Ocing it.
I have tried the xfr / pbo / vddcr offset mode but still not getting what seems to work without mem errors or Bsod's or just plain out blank screens for what i know this unit was capable of doing on the old bios.

I have managed to get it to 4.125ghz
With LLC level 5
Vddcr cpu voltage override set @1.38125v
Xfr/ pbo's set
running 3dmark firestrike it will boost up just over 4.2ghz which scored 17854
In cinebench r15 it's ranging 1406 to 1415.
Doing more occt test now you will see in the pic.
I will also be doing realbench and p95.
Please keep in mind this unit is in a warm room when looking at the temps and within 1c higher from what i was doing prior bios update.

Would someone please look at the pics and see what you guys think of this oc.
View: https://m.imgur.com/a/W8CM22j

Any help will be tried and very Appreciated.
Sorry for the lenth of this post.

I think it's Very stable it passes 9 hrs of Occt, 8 hrs of aida64, over 8 hrs of p95 and 8 hrs of realbench stress tests.
It's just really messed up that the 5204 bios update caused so much performance loss for a Zen + cpu
with no chance that i will take in bricking the board to revert back to 4602 bios. At least I was able to get most of my performance back with lower voltages and temps so take the good with the bad and make the best of it.
Income Tax time I most likely will put a Zen 2 on this board with some different ram moving the 2600x onto a possible msi b450 pro carbon and this g.skill flare x upgrading my son's from the Fx-8350 @4.6g which was in this 1 till I upgraded in oct, 18.
I will have to do more homework on the msi"s and the bios flashback that they have in regards of going from
Zen 2 bios back to a Zen+ bios if needed.
Anybody with info on that please post a link or their thoughts on that.

Thank You for all who responded and followed my bios update adventure.

Reactions: DMAN999
Update
Have made some head way with getting my ram back to 3400 fast.
I revisited ryzen dram calculator and reimported the xmp file again and have been playing with the alternate settings proc and the 4 cad bus settings.
On the proc i can change between 53 and 48.
Cad bus settings are on alt 3 30, 30 , 40, 60 with no errors in membench
Starting more definitive test now.
Didn't help but 3-6 points in cinebench r15
But using aida64 cache and mem test it raised the read, write, copy and lowered the latency.

View: https://imgur.com/a/VFNLTuh

I had it where it was running 3400 fast and would pass membench but it failed aida64 about 2 hours in.
In cinebench it only raised the score about 3-6 points thats it.
I feel like i took 10 steps forward and got kicked back 9 step back as the 1 step was pure luck.

So where is the op from last night at in Canada? Does he need a bush plane for supplies? lol.
Still wondering if a road trip or a puddle jumper flight would help like the guy from Australia a few months back.

I might try 3400 safe and see if it will run based on the difference it made in the aida64 cache and mem test in that last picture and check the difference.
Right at 3000 increase on read, write, copy
And lowered the latency from 64 to 61 was looking promising.

Maybe later tonight when all things get done so i can leave out tomorrow i will try.
If all it does is improve the bandwith then maybe we could call it 3200 extreme seeing how that button is under reconstruction on the newest version of RDC.
Anyway will post if any joy or not.
Have A Great Day and Weekend!!!!!!!!
Later

Reactions: DMAN999