Question ASUS ROG STRIX 3070 Keeps freezing, and crashing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 27, 2021
About a year ago, i bought this card, and paired it with an i5-10600KF CPU (i know i cheaped out, dont pester me, im upgrading in a bit haha) along with 32 GB of ram, and a 1TB SSD.

It was a pretty solid build, with upgrading in mind, however since i bought it, I've been having issues that arent exactly major at times? But recently have become more frequent.

Sometimes, while doing absolutely nothing demanding, in terms of performance, like watching youtube, or playing an older 5 year old game, the graphics card has a tendency to die, for about 5 or so seconds, then come back as if nothing happened.

If i watch youtube, it turns the video into a green square, and if It's a game, it simply turns to either a black screen, or white screen.

I've had task manager open a few times when this has happened, and the card genuinely drops to 0% usage when this does happen, and signal to all monitors cut.

The highest recorded temperature during even intensive tasks like rendering is about 49-53 degrees celsius, which is extremely odd considering how often it fails.

I've had this happen more recently, and even after driver updates, since originally i believed it was simply that, driver error due to the release of the card. (i bought it just as it was available)

There's essentially 0 correlation to what i am doing at the time, and when it decides to screw me over. Any idea what this could be?

(Mind you, every other part of the computer works just fine during this.)

Where do i go from here? I can't even play Dishonored 2 on this essentially brand new system, let alone even watch youtube without everything having to be re-launched.
Do i check my warranty? Do i contact Asus? Do i yell at my retailer to give me a refund? I spent ALOT on this card, even from the retailer. I'd rather not crash every 10 minutes, to 6 hours at this point.

I am very desperate for a cheap solution, please help :/

SPECS; (Dont roast me, i cheaped out on a few parts to upgrade later when parts are available to avoid scalpers)

CPU: i5-10600KF At 4Ghz-4.5Ghz, 6 Cores, 12 Threads.

Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B-460M-K

RAM: 32GB of some normal DDR-4 RAM at 3200Mhz

GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX 3070

Uh, if yall need more, just ask.

Dec 27, 2021
What is the make, model of your PSU>?

A fresh install of Windows is a cheap potential fix.
My PSU is a decent corsair. Really new aswell. My computer doesnt crash per'se, only the GPU. And its usually when doing non-intensive things.

And i've unfortunately tried re-installing. No fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.