[SOLVED] Asus Rog Strix 3080 Power supply connections

kav1257

Prominent
Sep 6, 2020
Evening all, im due to recieve my Asus Rog Strix 3080 this week fingers crossed.

I recently completed my build and just wanted to find out about power cable connections.

Im currently using an Asus Rog Strix 850w Gold Modular power supply, which contains.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/asus...PBfxuCDH6MWOvaQjGzWFIysnPy9SUH5UaAgzuEALw_wcB

Connectors - MB 24/20-pin x 1
CPU 4+4-pin x 2
PCI-E 6+2-pin x 6
SATA x 8
Peripheral x 6

From what i've read on the website this GPU requires 3 x 8-pin PCIe.

Would the cables that I currently have with my power supply work to power this GPU. I dont plan on overclocking or anything like that.

Any advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks.

kav1257

Prominent
Sep 6, 2020
Hi, many thanks for you reply. I was getting worried I would need additional power cables or new power supply for the GPU. Appreciate the speedy reply.

This forum post can be marked as answered now :)

Evening all, im due to recieve my Asus Rog Strix 3080 this week fingers crossed.

I recently completed my build and just wanted to find out about power cable connections.

Im currently using an Asus Rog Strix 850w Gold Modular power supply, which contains.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/asus...PBfxuCDH6MWOvaQjGzWFIysnPy9SUH5UaAgzuEALw_wcB

Connectors - MB 24/20-pin x 1
CPU 4+4-pin x 2
PCI-E 6+2-pin x 6
SATA x 8
Peripheral x 6

From what i've read on the website this GPU requires 3 x 8-pin PCIe.

Would the cables that I currently have with my power supply work to power this GPU. I dont plan on overclocking or anything like that.

Any advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks.

How are you getting a ROG card so early? I thought they dropped october 25th

kav1257

Prominent
Sep 6, 2020
How are you getting a ROG card so early? I thought they dropped october 25th

I pre ordered the Asus Rog Strix 3080 on Scan.co.uk the day they all got released and I wasn't aware the Asus cards were not being released the same time as other models/brands Asus Tuf or MSI. I managed to place a pre order and currently in a waiting list. They have updated the list saying they are due to receive new stock of the Asus Rog from 30th September to 2nd November. This list appears on the main website page. They will be dispatching to those who managed to place an order when it was available on the site.