ASUS ROG STRIX B350-F Driver update question

davidferguson1327

Honorable
Nov 22, 2017
Hello!

I successfully installed the motherboard and am using the computer successfully. I successfully updated the BIOS To 4124 version. No problem.

I am considering updating all the mobo drivers. On the ASUS sriver page, I saw the following warning for multiple driver components:

NOTICE:
Due to the different structure for drivers, suggest you remove the old driver first before install this version driver.

Found here.

So, my question is: how do I remove the old driver? Bouns question, do I really need to update the drivers?

Solution
Hi David :)

Chipset drivers are responsible for controlling communication between various components in your system: the processor, the video card, Hard drives, PCI devices and system memory. To maintain peak performance it's best to keep the chipset up to date.

You can uninstall problematic drivers thru your Control Panel or the AMD Clean Uninstall Utility available here: https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/pages/amd-clean-uninstall-utility.aspx

The uninstal utility should only be used if the normal uninstallation procedure using the Windows Control Panel's Programs and Features option is unsuccessful.

Note: Always best to do a System Restore point prior to driver deletion just in case.
with the intel andamd chipset mb you dont need to uninstall the b350 or the intel chipset drivers. if it an amd mb go to amd ryzen web page and download the newest b350 driver there. the ethernet and sound drivers go to the chipset vednor web page and download the newest driver there if it newer then the driver on the mb web page. most realteck sound drivers will auto uninstall the older sound drivers then reboot.

Hi David :)

Chipset drivers are responsible for controlling communication between various components in your system: the processor, the video card, Hard drives, PCI devices and system memory. To maintain peak performance it's best to keep the chipset up to date.

You can uninstall problematic drivers thru your Control Panel or the AMD Clean Uninstall Utility available here: https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/pages/amd-clean-uninstall-utility.aspx

The uninstal utility should only be used if the normal uninstallation procedure using the Windows Control Panel's Programs and Features option is unsuccessful.

Note: Always best to do a System Restore point prior to driver deletion just in case.

Solution